Nana Hotel

Pink Mist

We stayed there from the 12th till the 15th of september.

We made the booking over the telephone and was told that they had a standard double room available untill the 14th and they were fully booked after that, we accepted and would look for new digs for the one night stay.

When we checked in we were informed that a "Superior Suite" was available for the entire duration, it wasn't a great deal more in money terms so we accepted.

Now, our room was on the 11th floor, nothing wrong there, but there was a water leak from the ceiling space in the corridor adjacent to our room ( a faithfull mat left to soak it up ), we accepted that.

The room was good, slightly smaller than you would think a superior to be.

The worst part was the shower, you were lucky to get hot water, we told the management and it was the old it will be fixed soon thing.

Complimentary breakfast, probably better going to Subway up the road, or street food

I am not posting this as a winge, just for fellow travellers advice.

cheers

bronco

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately stayed there a couple weeks ago due to its convenient location near sukhumvit and the skytrain.made reservations for 3 nights but checked out the next day.moldy smelling room with clogged shower drains and hookers all over the lobby and parking lot.a fleabag to be avoided.

hookers all over the lobby and parking lot.a fleabag to be avoided.

Well, a lot of global gentlemen like that kinda thing, don't you know, old chap.

But it's true, the Nana and the Rajah hotels in soi 4 are ancient relics from Sixties that should be pulled down. In the Nana's case, they are just making too much dosh to contemplate redevelopment.

I could not recommend the Nana to anyone. I don't even conform to the view that everyone should stay there at least once. It is terrible. That said some people will always trade off quality for location and there it wins for the NEP crowd.

hel_l of a cast of characters in that lobby every night.

I once made the statement a few years back, when the Nana was 800/900 a night that it is probably the best value for money Hotel I've ever stayed in. The breakfast was very good in those days. I wonder what other world class city that you can get a hotel in the centre of town, with big spacious rooms, for that price. OK it's getting a little ancient now. Complaint about hookers? in the lobby? I thought that was what coming to Bangkok was all about, I've certainly met some nice young ladies there.

unfortunately "guest friendly" and hookers don't mix well when going with a girlfriend.the poor security guard at the desk in front of the elevators made the mistake of asking mine for her id card.she spewed such thai venom at him that the poor guy was beet red and apologized profusely.

the disco was ok with the dancers dressed like supergirl and two holidaying brit gents having a lot of fun surrounded by about ten women and a few bottles of johnny walker.

Ahhhh Nana Disco . . . now that brings back memories of my first few times in Bangkok! The entertainment value in people watching in there is worth the entrance fee alone, the music is bloody awful though!

Never stayed at the Nana hotel though . . . can't say it ever appealed!

unfortunately "guest friendly" and hookers don't mix well when going with a girlfriend.the poor security guard at the desk in front of the elevators made the mistake of asking mine for her id card.she spewed such thai venom at him that the poor guy was beet red and apologized profusely.

a man with style - treats his woman to the sophistication of the nana hotel. :o

kidding matey.

on a serious note, can't really blame the security guy when your in one of the most notorious hooker hut's in bkk.

Ahhhh Nana Disco . . . now that brings back memories of my first few times in Bangkok! The entertainment value in people watching in there is worth the entrance fee alone, the music is bloody awful though!

Never stayed at the Nana hotel though . . . can't say it ever appealed!

The noise ,deafening ,I have heard quieter construction sites

:o Wiley Coyote

I've stayed in much more squalid hotels in Europe (London and Amsterdam in particlular) for several times the price.

Not my preferred hotel, but everyone should stay there once....

Good restaurant by the way. Just don't make the mistake I made and tip the whole of the little dish of chillies in the soup...

Something I found weird there was the phone in the bathroom that looked even older than the hotel.
One of them you put your finger in and spin it round ! :D

:o that too is a stand-out memory of my stay at nana hotel now you mention it.

retro phone in the crapper = random.

The worst part was the shower, you were lucky to get hot water, we told the management and it was the old it will be fixed soon thing.

This is a fairly common complaint. The one night I stayed there I had the exact opposite problem - nothing but really hot water out of the shower. Must be a lot of clogged up pipes.

Guess I should add, although I wouldn't recommend families stay there, I thought the service was great. The facilities need some work though.

Edited by Carmine6

Top place , won't hear a word against it.

Not a word, you hear ????

:o

i second that demand although the last time i stayed in Nana must have been in 1979. in the mid to end seventies i ran a company in Saudi Arabia which employed besides TCNs a bunch of european and american bachelors. besides big money one of the incentives to compensate for a twelve hour workshift seven days a week was 12 days (ex flight times) of paid leave including a paid flight to the home country, alternatively to BKK and free stay in a hotel every 91 days. for that purpose the company booked a suite in the old building (now demolished or remodelled) for the whole year at 400 US-Dollars per month.

needless to say that not too many chaps opted for a flight to their home country and whoever returned and reported back for duty was counting mentally or openly 91 90 89 88 87...

:D

I find it extraordinary that guys would take their wives or gfs to stay at the most notorious hooker hotel in South East Asia. The trade off as having your loved one branded a hooker is what - 200 baht cheaper hotel.

Quality guys. Real quality. The little lady must be really proud.