Nana Hotel

Pink Mist

The Nana Hotel's sole purpose is to serve as a knocking shop so if you're a sex tourist, go stay there - they've even expanded their facilities into the parking lot and the disco as of many years ago. But no one can persuade me that any typical visitor to Bangkok would want to stay there because of the price, location or facilities other than those already mentioned above - there are far too many better alternatives.

You're painting with a pretty broad brush. I'm not a sex tourist and my friend and his farang wife are certainly not sex tourists. You'll be hard pressed to find any hotel that ISN'T a knocking shop, as you call it.

I don't mean to imply that you or your friends are sex tourists but it's hard to define the Nana Hotel as anything other than I have. Let's face it, the parking lot is full of freelancers most hours of the day, the bar in the back ditto - its location directly opposite the Nana Plaza means it is the meeting place of choice when Nana closes. I can think of no other hotel in the lower Sukhumvit area that so openly promotes pay for play and makes no attempt to deter it - the Grace maybe comes a distant second. Secondly, the facilities and quality of accommodation at the Nana Hotel is far below that of the nearby competition hence I conclude that the sole reason for its existence and brisk trade is as a knocking shop. Sure all hotels have the capability to be knocking shops but most in that area seem to concentrate on being a hotel first and the latter secondarily - with Nana it's the other way round.

OMG, shocking aint it?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nana Hotel's sole purpose is to serve as a knocking shop so if you're a sex tourist, go stay there - they've even expanded their facilities into the parking lot and the disco as of many years ago. But no one can persuade me that any typical visitor to Bangkok would want to stay there because of the price, location or facilities other than those already mentioned above - there are far too many better alternatives.

You're painting with a pretty broad brush. I'm not a sex tourist and my friend and his farang wife are certainly not sex tourists. You'll be hard pressed to find any hotel that ISN'T a knocking shop, as you call it.

I don't mean to imply that you or your friends are sex tourists but it's hard to define the Nana Hotel as anything other than I have. Let's face it, the parking lot is full of freelancers most hours of the day, the bar in the back ditto - its location directly opposite the Nana Plaza means it is the meeting place of choice when Nana closes. I can think of no other hotel in the lower Sukhumvit area that so openly promotes pay for play and makes no attempt to deter it - the Grace maybe comes a distant second. Secondly, the facilities and quality of accommodation at the Nana Hotel is far below that of the nearby competition hence I conclude that the sole reason for its existence and brisk trade is as a knocking shop. Sure all hotels have the capability to be knocking shops but most in that area seem to concentrate on being a hotel first and the latter secondarily - with Nana it's the other way round.

OMG, shocking aint it?

No Dick not really, it's part of the appeal of the area - just don't try and tell us the Nana is a good hotel, that's all.

When you say good grub at night:

do you mean hotel coffee shop menu,or food you take in from outside ?

:o Wiley Coyote

As i say, when in Bangkok, i sometimes go in there about 1 to 2 in the morning and have a sit down meal, fair play, the food is good, and the bar is good, as someone else says conveinient, but i can never understand why thai's do not maintain there propertys.

But i would not stay there, as the rooms are grubby, everyone to his own opinion.

I could not recommend the Nana to anyone. I don't even conform to the view that everyone should stay there at least once. It is terrible. That said some people will always trade off quality for location and there it wins for the NEP crowd.
I would have to agree, :D

Ah, how do I love the Nana, let me count the ways ...

It's the gold standard for reference, ... well how bad was it, not as bad as the Nana was it, ...

The smashed roaches on the wall (behind the downstairs bar) where they never clean them off,

and in your room you have to turn the bathroom light on and wait a minute so the rest can scatter,

The impossibility of sleep if you were unfortunate enough to be put above the Disco,

The perennial chill from the Dragon Lady at the front desk that's been there forever, that acts like she's doing you a service by letting you stay there, dead water bugs in the food, mold, dripping faucets, ..

Now let me tell about the bad stuff, :D

Seriously though, the Nana is almost a right of passage, and many newbies have passed thru it's hallowed lobbies like a deer caught in headlights,

I admit, coming in on the cuff with nothing set up, I've always been able to get a room there even when they say over the phone completely full, but I don't make a habit of it, so many better properties there's just no reason to stay there, unless it's location, location, location, :o