Nana Hotel

Pink Mist

I find it extraordinary that guys would take their wives or gfs to stay at the most notorious hooker hotel in South East Asia. The trade off as having your loved one branded a hooker is what - 200 baht cheaper hotel.

Quality guys. Real quality. The little lady must be really proud.

Coal to newcastle also !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We stayed there from the 12th till the 15th of september.

We made the booking over the telephone and was told that they had a standard double room available untill the 14th and they were fully booked after that, we accepted and would look for new digs for the one night stay.

When we checked in we were informed that a "Superior Suite" was available for the entire duration, it wasn't a great deal more in money terms so we accepted.

Now, our room was on the 11th floor, nothing wrong there, but there was a water leak from the ceiling space in the corridor adjacent to our room ( a faithfull mat left to soak it up ), we accepted that.

The room was good, slightly smaller than you would think a superior to be.

The worst part was the shower, you were lucky to get hot water, we told the management and it was the old it will be fixed soon thing.

Complimentary breakfast, probably better going to Subway up the road, or street food

I am not posting this as a winge, just for fellow travellers advice.

cheers

bronco

Why is a Thai Visa "Super Moderator" staying at the #1 sex tourist hotel? Thai Culture?

I find it extraordinary that guys would take their wives or gfs to stay at the most notorious hooker hotel in South East Asia. The trade off as having your loved one branded a hooker is what - 200 baht cheaper hotel.

Well the OP did get the superior room. :o

:o I tried to put it across as a joke but mr bendix has gone for the direct hit. :D

i agree with bentdicks but plead ignorance as only knew of its location and that they had a room available.knew nothing about its rep or even heard of hooker hotels and their website needs some updating.

still it was an experience and seeing my gf really po'd for the first time was really funny and quite the turn on.

Edited by bowthai

i agree with bentdicks but plead ignorance as only knew of its location and that they had a room available.knew nothing about its rep or even heard of hooker hotels and their website needs some updating.

still it was an experience and seeing my gf really po'd for the first time was really funny and quite the turn on.

Difficult to believe as it might be one of the most (in)famous locations in Bangkok and even a split-second of research should have uncovered the truth about it. This is an internet forum, so Google cannot have been besides your abilities.

And your girlfriend getting asked for her ID in a 2 Star shorttime hotel would be normal procedure, nothing to get much aggravated about...

We stayed there from the 12th till the 15th of september.

We made the booking over the telephone and was told that they had a standard double room available untill the 14th and they were fully booked after that, we accepted and would look for new digs for the one night stay.

When we checked in we were informed that a "Superior Suite" was available for the entire duration, it wasn't a great deal more in money terms so we accepted.

Now, our room was on the 11th floor, nothing wrong there, but there was a water leak from the ceiling space in the corridor adjacent to our room ( a faithfull mat left to soak it up ), we accepted that.

The room was good, slightly smaller than you would think a superior to be.

The worst part was the shower, you were lucky to get hot water, we told the management and it was the old it will be fixed soon thing.

Complimentary breakfast, probably better going to Subway up the road, or street food

I am not posting this as a winge, just for fellow travellers advice.

cheers

bronco

Why is a Thai Visa "Super Moderator" staying at the #1 sex tourist hotel? Thai Culture?

Yes why?? Quiet surprised seeing such a thread being started by a Super Moderator......smells like a bad joke. :o

Don't think I could bring myself to stay there. Thinking about it, the whole concept of 'The Hotel' and sleeping in a bed that gets slept in by different bods every night for years on end is gross at best, but with the thought of what must go on in said beds in the likes of Nana Hotel and then having to rest one's head on a grubby, ravaged pillow :D :D

Saying that I've no doubt stayed in worse places in the past. :o

Don't think I could bring myself to stay there. Thinking about it, the whole concept of 'The Hotel' and sleeping in a bed that gets slept in by different bods every night for years on end is gross at best, but with the thought of what must go on in said beds in the likes of Nana Hotel and then having to rest one's head on a grubby, ravaged pillow :D :D

Saying that I've no doubt stayed in worse places in the past. :o

Well best not thinking about what goes on in any hotel. Most are the dirtiest places in the world.... :D

If you don't like the Nana hotel stay at the Miami then :D

Hey don't dis the Miami! I had a room there for a month when I first visited BKK . . . nice and cheap (10k baht per month + a deposit)!

Kind of amusing as many girls who work and hang around bars live in there - easy pickings! :D

Also there isn't a bloody awful racket in a disco attached - you could just stroll to the cocktail bars on Suk Rd after 11pm, well long as they'd pay the police sufficiently to open! :o

Sure as hel_l beats Khao San Rd!

I wouldn't be seen dead at Nana Hotel.

I would even be embarrased to have put on the arrival card that I was staying there.

You might as just write "Pervert" across your forhead.

Does anyone ever check up on that piece of useless information? What if you are touring Thailand, do you have to submit an itinery? It's a bit like the salary range boxes and your profession. I'm often tempted to put "International terrorist" but immigration officials don't do humour.

On topic I stayed at the Nana, it's a bit dowdy but you get what you pay for.

I am Booked for a few nights in Jan. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. At least I can park there, and I like the welcome drinks. Straight to the bar for bar for 2 Golden dreams.......not golden showers! Personally I like the breakfast, then again I like airline food too.

Nana Hotel. :o

One knows the history of the Nana, how and why it was built, one cannot appreciate the place. But with its downscale reputation, it can boast of having 3 retired Medical Doctors (one usa, one england and one germany) as full time residents. Also 4 Attorneys (3 usa 1 german) as full time residents. Also at last count, 7 different retired spooks from various different countrys intel agencys as permanent residents. So the down scale place offers one stop shopping.

But they do what they have to do for living. Convenience, very convenience as you guys know what's for all the convenience we're talking about.

Edited by legag

I wouldn't be seen dead at Nana Hotel.

I would even be embarrased to have put on the arrival card that I was staying there.

You might as just write "Pervert" across your forhead.

If you think the Nana is bad, try the grace, or the peep inn, just as bad.

Only one thing that is ok with the nana, good grub late at night, last time i stayed there was about 8 years ago, grotty rooms, bet you it has not improved, thai's do not like to spend money on improvements to buildings, when these new hotels open good for a few years, then they become run down and dirty.

in the early 90s the Nana was good, you get what you pay for.

I have stayed in the Nana many times and never had any complaints other than the desk staff are not very friendly.

I got an email from a friend today and he told me the dates he would be here. At the end he said we are staying at the Nana Hotel as usual. By we, he meant he and his farang wife. I realize that we have some quite high society TV members that would think anything less than a five star hotel was a dump. Up to you. :o

I have stayed in the Nana many times and never had any complaints other than the desk staff are not very friendly.

I got an email from a friend today and he told me the dates he would be here. At the end he said we are staying at the Nana Hotel as usual. By we, he meant he and his farang wife. I realize that we have some quite high society TV members that would think anything less than a five star hotel was a dump. Up to you. :o

just get a room on the higher floors. They are lot lighter as they have been a bit refurbished. They did not take away the decoration (read telephone in the bathroom) and it is a bit better then the dark place downstairs.

On the other hand. It is a place to sleep, cheap, decent breakfast. Who stays in the hotel anyway in Bangkok.

Compare it with all the backpacker huts and it looks marvelous. But then I prefer the president solitaire

The Nana Hotel's sole purpose is to serve as a knocking shop so if you're a sex tourist, go stay there - they've even expanded their facilities into the parking lot and the disco as of many years ago. But no one can persuade me that any typical visitor to Bangkok would want to stay there because of the price, location or facilities other than those already mentioned above - there are far too many better alternatives.

The Nana Hotel's sole purpose is to serve as a knocking shop so if you're a sex tourist, go stay there - they've even expanded their facilities into the parking lot and the disco as of many years ago. But no one can persuade me that any typical visitor to Bangkok would want to stay there because of the price, location or facilities other than those already mentioned above - there are far too many better alternatives.

You're painting with a pretty broad brush. I'm not a sex tourist and my friend and his farang wife are certainly not sex tourists. You'll be hard pressed to find any hotel that ISN'T a knocking shop, as you call it.

You're painting with a pretty broad brush. I'm not a sex tourist and my friend and his farang wife are certainly not sex tourists. You'll be hard pressed to find any hotel that ISN'T a knocking shop, as you call it.

I don't mean to imply that you or your friends are sex tourists but it's hard to define the Nana Hotel as anything other than I have. Let's face it, the parking lot is full of freelancers most hours of the day, the bar in the back ditto - its location directly opposite the Nana Plaza means it is the meeting place of choice when Nana closes. I can think of no other hotel in the lower Sukhumvit area that so openly promotes pay for play and makes no attempt to deter it - the Grace maybe comes a distant second. Secondly, the facilities and quality of accommodation at the Nana Hotel is far below that of the nearby competition hence I conclude that the sole reason for its existence and brisk trade is as a knocking shop. Sure all hotels have the capability to be knocking shops but most in that area seem to concentrate on being a hotel first and the latter secondarily - with Nana it's the other way round.