Problems With Visa

Hello all,anyone have any knowledge of a company called Keyvisa mf friends Gf was having problems getting visa to visit Ireland and she heard about this company and I was wondering if anyone has used them any info would be great thanks.

When I needed a Visa to get my gf over to the UK, I used this company //url removed// they were first class, helping you through all the stages and with all the paperwork. Tony, the man who runs the company has family in Bangkok who are able to help with the smooth running of things over there

Peter

Hello all,anyone have any knowledge of a company called Keyvisa mf friends Gf was having problems getting visa to visit Ireland and she heard about this company and I was wondering if anyone has used them any info would be great thanks.

Tell your friend to invest some time reading the visa section of TV.

If he still wants to spend money having someone else do the paperwork that is fine, he will be better informed of what to expect and what paperwork the girlfriend will need to convince the folk at the visa office. If the service offers "special" services tell him to be very carefull. Remember Ireland is not Thailand.

Key Visa have a good name and have a visa section in the Pattaya People every week, they also have a table at the Ex Pats club Grand Sole Hotel every Sunday where you can get free advice. I asked their advice a couple of years ago and they were honest and upfront even to the point of writing me a letter for the UK Thai Embassy. There was no charge for this help although they did offer to do all my visa paperwork for a fee. As my working life has been involved in bureacracy I have no problems with paperwork but I do understand some people are nervous of officialdom and uncomfortable with paperwork.

For some it is easier to pay a profeesional company and take away all the hastle, in these instances companys like Key Visa are a boon and in your friends case it would cost nothing to ask for advice then if they are still unsure they can pay the company to do the work for them.

As previously stated if you read the threads on TV the actual work is straighforward and may not be as daunting as they think unless of course there is other information that they have not shared with you.

Edited by JohnC

Do people really pay these agencies bucket loads of cash to do a job which, though somewhat bureaucratic and procedural, can be done by anyone ?

I've heard horror stories about the amounts involved.

I heard a story about one punter who paid a visa company 20k to get his visa problem "sorted" ... contacts at Immigration etc.

His problem ... 10 days late on his 90 day reporting :o

Naka.

My missus had a visa sorted out for her at the time we met for her to go to Holland and see her sister after the birth of her sister's second child. They used an agent who creamed a massive amount off, booked her on flights which were at least 10-15k overpriced (wonder where that went) and basically did very little for a heck of a lot. the compulsory insurance wsas a mega rip off as well.

My missus didn't have the experience to know too different but she thought it expensive. We agreed that when we go back we'll just sort it ourselves and ask questions as we need to.

My missus had a visa sorted out for her at the time we met for her to go to Holland and see her sister after the birth of her sister's second child. They used an agent who creamed a massive amount off, booked her on flights which were at least 10-15k overpriced (wonder where that went) and basically did very little for a heck of a lot. the compulsory insurance wsas a mega rip off as well.

My missus didn't have the experience to know too different but she thought it expensive. We agreed that when we go back we'll just sort it ourselves and ask questions as we need to.

Against my initial judgement when my T wife and I got married we used a BKK agent to sort out all the paperwork , translations and arrange visas etc for my wife. The experience was smooth trouble free we sat in a nice air conned office , filled out forms under guidance and nipped next door for photos ..Then went shopping and returned in the evening to check all going as plan the next day at lunch time every thing was completed the translations done and all officially stamped , married that day then the agency registered the certificate again with translation and embassy stamps no hassel vey quick efficient and painless cost 8500 baht about 140 pounds sterling at the time ...well worth it may be we were lucky ...Over the years the paper work had passed all official scrutiny in many countries with no questions at all.

No rip off good guidance and service a very nice lady handled it all and infact followed up with nice phone calls later ..I fact we popped in about a year later for a chat and a coffee and the lady was very pleased to see us and bought us a street lunch and we were able to help her with a couple of other Brits who were very worried about haow to gon on about the paper work ..They to were very satisfied with the service .. Before you ask sorry I forget the name of the agency but it was very near to the British embassy on the crossroads just opposite the pedestrian over pass to the shopping complex containing Home Pro ....

For marriage and visa's it's far better & cheaper to do it yourself.These visa companies make out its so hard to get a visa and you must use agents.Absolute crap.When my wife got her first visa we went on our own to BKK and 2 days later she had a visa.Simple.Its only hard if your dishonest with your application.

EPG.

hi there why does anyone pay for these firms to do the work you can do yourself,such a waste off money,

I can cut my own hair, but I don't.

I am not using any Thai visa firm for the same reason that I try and avoid getting a haircut in Thailand.........little confidence in the outcome :o

But I am not in principle averse to putting my hand in my pocket for others to do jobs better or quicker than me. or simply cos' I am way too lazy :D