Air Force One

Artisan

I have read that several billion baht has been sanctioned for the purchase of a luxury Airbus for the sole use of Thaksin. (The President of the USA has an aeroplane called Air Force 1).

Perhaps Thaksin believes that Thailand is a major entity in global politics and he needs to impress his peers with a show of self-importance......or, maybe he is simply a misguided megalomaniac.

This is perverse in the extreme. Anyone who has walked the streets of Pattaya lately has bound to have seen the ever growing numbers of beggars, especially destitute mothers sitting at the roadside suckling undernourished babies. Their numbers grow daily.

Will he remove these desperate mothers from the streets of Pattaya as he did with the beggars, the food vendors, the trash bins....and a lot of the people.....of Bangkok during the APEC conference last year?

Artisan

The man is a megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur.

And he will have it set up so that he will get to keep the plane as his own when he is voted out of office next time.

Everyone knows that he needs a plane like that to be able to run the country and control the mass array of nuclear weaponry in the event that Thailand is attacked by another super power in it's bid for world dominance. :D:o

The British PM doesn't have a personal jet.

He either uses millitary jet or one is hired for use as and when.

Much cheaper, much more sense.

Button can be pressed 3 miles down as easily as a mile up (and I think I'd prefer not to take on an EMP at 30k feet!)

US president has a massive country to llok after and HAS to fly every where. Everything in LOS is run out of BKK, most places can be driven to. The odd time he needs to go to Chiang Rai or something he can do as the British PM. Not like he doesn't own a fair whack of the Thai air industry, he can give himself a discount! :o

Button can be pressed 3 miles down as easily as a mile up (and I think I'd prefer not to take on an EMP at 30k feet!)

US president has a massive country to llok after and HAS to fly every where.

Well I have one question what is an EMP?

Yeah President Bush visits florida everyother week it seems Maybe I should run for president :o

HAHA

the united state have 3 airforce1

That is right: there are several planes reserved for the White House. Which ever plane the Pres is flying on is called "Air Force One". When the VP flies on one, that plane is designated with the call sign "Air Force Two".

The Thai PM usually flies in a RTAF Airbus A310-300 (Photo)

To be fair, if indeed a new plane was being acquired it would be for the Airforce to use as executive transport for the PM. It is not his personal property and will therefore be used by future heads of government.

So true. To say that Thaksin gets to keep the aircraft on retirement is child talk. A retarded child at that.

John Travolta have his own Boeing747 and he own an airport as big as LAX, i wonder why Thanksin doesn't buy one for himself, im pretty sure he can afford it, with all the money rolling in since he took office he can even buy 2 and get one free

• 1 year later...

Thaksin might not be the greatest PM on this planet, but he does indeed get Thailand out f the the debts of the Imf. Mamynew things happen during his term those are airport and mass transit system. If we were still under the rule of Democrat. We will never see any of those things appear in our country. Again, I don"t know whether he and his family are corrupted some money from our taxes or not, but all those new things that are existing in our nation are surely tangible.

Thaksin might not be the greatest PM on this planet, but he does indeed get Thailand out f the the debts of the Imf. Mamynew things happen during his term those are airport and mass transit system. If we were still under the rule of Democrat. We will never see any of those things appear in our country. Again, I don"t know whether he and his family are corrupted some money from our taxes or not, but all those new things that are existing in our nation are surely tangible.

They might have come to fruition while he was in power, but were in construction way before he took office.

If we were still under the rule of Democrat. We will never see any of those things appear in our country.

Yes I'm sure we'd be going backwards :o