Duty Free Cigarettes

JimmyGreaves

Came thru on the 17th Sept.............Bensons are available but have the "cancer" photos on the packs and they are limiting them (or were then) to 2 cartons a person.

No Lamberts though at that time.

Could do with a more current update myself, if anyone knows the position as of now.

Came thru on the 17th Sept.............Bensons are available but have the "cancer" photos on the packs and they are limiting them (or were then) to 2 cartons a person.

No Lamberts though at that time.

Could do with a more current update myself, if anyone knows the position as of now.

I flew back on the 6th Sept, no Bensons, and they limited myself, but got the oldest daughter and the wife to buy 2 outers, so got my 6 outers, also could not find any golden virginia.

I flew back on the 6th Sept, no Bensons, and they limited myself, but got the oldest daughter and the wife to buy 2 outers, so got my 6 outers, also could not find any golden virginia.

They had Golden Virginia on the 17th...5x50gm pouches for 640 baht.

Seems to be hit and miss as to what they have.

Flying in, isn't it just as cheap to buy them from your local 7 or Mum and Pop shop?

I can understand buying them duty free if your flying back home where they may be as much as 300-400 baht for a pack but flying to countries where they are as cheap as they are in Thailand what is the point?

Actually, I do understand if you need to smoke a particular brand, for myself I just choose to smoke Marlboro as they are available where ever I am in the world.

Flying in, isn't it just as cheap to buy them from your local 7 or Mum and Pop shop?

I can understand buying them duty free if your flying back home where they may be as much as 300-400 baht for a pack but flying to countries where they are as cheap as they are in Thailand what is the point?

Actually, I do understand if you need to smoke a particular brand, for myself I just choose to smoke Marlboro as they are available where ever I am in the world.

If you smoke American blended cigarettes it's not really a problem, but for those who like British style Virginia cigarettes it is. Though I don't smoke myself, I can assure you that the B & H available in the local shops are not the same as the duty frees which are manufactured back in Europe. This subject was touched on in the "rogue officials thread" where one poster stated that 555's were the same as Benson back home.