Speeding

Maigo6

I just saw Sky News, some guy in England was clocked Doing 172 MPH in a Porsche....:D

102 MPH over the speed limit!!! :o

He got 10 weeks in Jail and a 3 years driving ban. :D

I wonder what would happen for the same offense in Thailand?

Probably 500 Baht tea money, a Salute and a smile from the Policeman and off you'd go. :D

Edited by Maigo6

I just saw Sky News, some guy in England was clocked Doing 172 MPH in a Porsche.... :D

Probably 500 Baht tea money, a Salute and a smile from the Policeman and off you'd go. :D

I got accused of doing 168 on a suzuki hayabusa in the uk, ! as if,.. lucky for me a friend of mine saw me in another area at the time of the alledged offence,id have got 6 months if that had been proven,. much better in thiland, pay up and bugger off !

I just saw Sky News, some guy in England was clocked Doing 172 MPH in a Porsche.... :D

I have to add that if a guy mugs an old lady he probably gets a fine or probation in the uk, speeders are treated much worse,another reason to be out of there,.!,murderers get bailed in london i kid you not,. speeders, scum of the earth !

102 MPH over the speed limit!!! :D

I have to add that if a guy mugs an old lady he probably gets a fine or probation in the uk, speeders are treated much worse,another reason to be out of there,.!,murderers get bailed in london i kid you not,. speeders, scum of the earth !

So true.Things have changed a lot these last years

I remember 15 years ago I was chased by a belgian police BMW at more than 180 km/h on highway

Was nobody in view;empty road.

Did not discussed,signed the papers they gave me and left under speed limit.Had the phone in the car.Phoned to a high ranking police officer.When I arrived at my office my secretary gave me a fax with one sentence and no signature.It is arranged

Costed me a big bottle of champaign the officer opened with his sword in a party :o

Now they are so much cars om the roads I fear they treat drivers more like criminals

Perhaps same same in Thailand in...20 years???? :bah:

yeah, I read that. It was not his Porsch as well.

I have sped, still do sometimes. but the most I ever done is about 210KPH I think that is about 130MPH. I could not imagine going 172MPH though, thats nuts.

Ok the driving ban, but the 10 weeks in Jail serves no purpose, waste of Tax payers money.

I had 120MPH on an 1100 cc Motorbike, but that's enough on a bike, in Thailand too!! :o Not recommended by the way, it's hairy.

I had a BMW 735i at one time when I lived in UK, I had that flat out in France on the Autoroute, so I guess that was pushing 130 MPH, again, things are coming at you very fast, need a clear open road for those speeds as stopping distances are hard to judge especially when approaching traffic travelling at normal speeds.

Now I'm older and wiser....well, sometimes I give the Fortuner a go, but it cannot reach very high speed anyway. I've had 170 kph, apparently they are good for 180, but 170 was enough, in fact, it's probably too much, especially along Beach road! hahaha............

Nah, it was on the Motorway. :D

Edited by Maigo6

I had a Porsche 930 Turbo. Did 150MPH on a stretch of absolutely straight highway close to the Bonneville Salt Flats (poetic in't it).

No other cars in sight, but did finally come up on one Merc doing about 110, and passed him like he was standing still. breathtaking fun.

No advisable today.

Regularly pushed 250 kph out of my 850 Csi.. Could sit at 200+ with your hands off the wheel, was rock solid stable at autobahn pace

The limiter would kick in then.. Could have that removed cheaply and heard of unmoddified (other than the limit) cars pulling in the 280 - 300 kph range..

###### I loved that motor :o

Had a Mercury Cyclone Spoiler with a 429 cubic inch Cobra Jet engine (370 HP). Max I did was about 170 mph (272 kph), but that was in the US and when I was young and invincible. :o About 160-170 kph is the max I've done in Thailand with my Nissan Bluebird SSS (2.0 liter turbo charged) on the superhighway from Chiangmai to Bangkok. Don't do that anymore though.

When I was a young buck with an Austin-Healey and a Corvette 283 Arkus-Duntov V8 under the hood and Lucas Flamethrowers mounted on the bumper, we were headed home through the Texas Hill Country at some ungodly speed at night (deer crossing country), but probably no more than 120 mph sustained speed. I was ignorant that police ran radar at night! The cop said it was the highest speed he'd ever recorded. I took my country-boy friend to the county judge to settle the ticket; John was an old Georgia cracker who sweet-talked the judge down to about $60 and several points on my driving license.

Thailand, amazing Thailand. The speedo saw 138 on the way home from the swimming pool an hour ago, and I was no longer wearing a Speedo. :o

I used to, but since having my little one my perspective has changed.

On thai roads I use the approach of not doing what wouldn't do at home. That way at least, the coppers can have nothing on me when they've tried it on - which is rare to be honest.

Regularly pushed 250 kph out of my 850 Csi.. Could sit at 200+ with your hands off the wheel, was rock solid stable at autobahn pace

The limiter would kick in then.. Could have that removed cheaply and heard of unmoddified (other than the limit) cars pulling in the 280 - 300 kph range..

###### I loved that motor :D

Yeah great car...with the limiter removed it would have been good for 186mph or 299kph!! :o

Fastest for me was driving a modified Toyota Supra on the elevated highway towards Don Muang. It read 250kph on the speedo. The car was still accelerating strongly but the speed accentuated the road's slight dips between the pillars into a bit of a rollar coaster ride so I didn't dare go faster.

Fastest for the car was in a little rented Honda Jazz on the Bangna-Trat expressway. Topped out at little more than 160kph. Fun little car- reminded me very much of my first car, a Honda CRXsi.

Fastest for me was driving a modified Toyota Supra on the elevated highway towards Don Muang. It read 250kph on the speedo. The car was still accelerating strongly but the speed accentuated the road's slight dips between the pillars into a bit of a rollar coaster ride so I didn't dare go faster.

Fastest for the car was in a little rented Honda Jazz on the Bangna-Trat expressway. Topped out at little more than 160kph. Fun little car- reminded me very much of my first car, a Honda CRXsi.

drove a bmw 535 sport at 165mph on the A12 boy the steering was really light ,great feeling though ,this was in 1990 before they installed speed camaras everywhere ....

Stripped down Honda Legend with full roll cage and uprated everything. Honda factory test track (old airstrip) Swindon Wiltshire UK circa 1989. 180mph+

I saw one flip as well. They were full of computer stuff and we wore full track protection but it was hairraising the speed that everything came into view.

On a public road, circa 160mph.

In Thailand circa 180kmph.