Please Help Me !

Hi Folks ! ,

I need some information on marrying a Thai girl and working in Thailand ... Is it possible to marry a Thai girl and work in Thailand ..... I mean do I get a Spouse Visa under which I can work and settle in Thailand.... I need to know this fast as I want to save my relationship from breaking up...I have decided to marry my GF who works in Phuket and settle down.

Cheers

No. You do not receive any visa or work. You become able to obtain a 90 day visa to visit your wife. If you can prove support in the amount of 400k per year or 40k per month this stay can be extended one year at a time.

To work here you must obtain a work permit that is tied to a specific job. Unless you have special skills or can afford to invest/set up business jobs are not something easy for a foreigner to obtain.

The expectation is that if you marry a Thai woman you will take her to your homeland and support here there.

You need to marry her to save the relationship? Sounds like there isnt much to start with. She works in Phuket? where does she work, and at what?

Maybe you need to sit back and evaluate all the reasons WHY you want to do this, because short of being a teacher or loaded enough to start a business, you wont find it very easy to stay here.

How many times do we hear this, guy decides to give into pressure and say yes to marriage, only to have it fall to pieces in 6 months time, which he knew in the back of his head would happen when he first said yes!

You say you need to know quick?? why? has she given you a deadline in which she walks off and goes back to work/another guy/leaves phuket? Coz if she has, I would let her go!

The best advise anyone with years of Thai experience can give you is: DON'T MARRY ! It will end in a disaster....

Come to live in Thailand for an extended time, get to know the mentality here and you will realize quite fast that Thailand is very different from how it is presented to the world of tourism....

Don't destroy your life by making such a mistake....

All the Best!

M.

Hi Folks ! ,

I need some information on marrying a Thai girl and working in Thailand ... Is it possible to marry a Thai girl and work in Thailand ..... I mean do I get a Spouse Visa under which I can work and settle in Thailand.... I need to know this fast as I want to save my relationship from breaking up...I have decided to marry my GF who works in Phuket and settle down.

Cheers

How much money have you sent her so far? :o

:D OHHHH, there once was a man who headed out East

Down to the BKK and into the feast

Blew so many loads he could no longer ssseeee

Then came a bubblin Sue

"Gold" she said! :D

Up to you!!!!

You send me money.

We marry too! :o

Livin the dream! Aint it great!

The only roller coaster ride you pay for it on terms! Kinda like a car note.

Good luck my friend :D , you will find your way.

If all you farang insist on meeting girls in bars, you going to get a certain type of girl, who takes all you money and leave you broken hearted when it's all gone. But there are nice girls out there - if you truly love her, then marry her, but don't be held to ransom !!

And no you do not get a work permit by marrying her.

No. You do not receive any visa or work. You become able to obtain a 90 day visa to visit your wife. If you can prove support in the amount of 400k per year or 40k per month this stay can be extended one year at a time.

To work here you must obtain a work permit that is tied to a specific job. Unless you have special skills or can afford to invest/set up business jobs are not something easy for a foreigner to obtain.

The expectation is that if you marry a Thai woman you will take her to your homeland and support here there.

It looks like gettng a job here is not that easy, so what are all the other internationals doign here- their own business? This is very interesting, since I am looking for a job at the moment. I got all the qualifications and work experience from USA, but it looks like, that all the jobs here a tied up to one point, who do you know, not what do you know :D . It always reminds me on Eastern Europe, where I live for 15 years, where nobody cares what kinda skills you got, but who do you know :D , that is why I was very happy to leave that part of the world :o . So how is it worl to get a job around here or is it better to open your own business-- he-he... chill all day and make the big chedar :D

Andy

My advice, for what its worth, I am down this road, the more you look the more complex it becomes i.e. Non-O and Workpermits. I have been to a number of ministry of Labor offices and they all seem to say diffferent things.

The Forms are not simple and for a novice like me, its all too hard. I was lucky to have a "Customer" who is in the government, so my WP is sponsored by the Thai Government.

IF YOU ARE DOING THIS YOURSELF - - - - THINK AGIAIN.....

Me, I would engage the services of the forum sponsor and use their services. From what I can see they do this for a living, I don't do Work Permits for a living. It is not easy, and I gave up, I have a business I earn lots more than the 45k a month (as I am married read the fine print for the amount of tax you have to pay if you are married) I have the NON-O, my wife, myself and her family own the company, etc etc etc, it was all too hard.