Openoffice.org

RKASA

I did updates from synaptic and found openoffice not working afterwards.  PClinuxOS forum had several people with same problem with version 2.3.  I rolled back to 2.2.1 but still acts the same try to start it flashs on screen then shuts down.  I was thinking I had version 2.0 when it worked last but thats not an option for forced version.  I can use other program no problem, but was wondering if other distros are having problem with openoffice and what version they are using.

I had the 2.2.1 working in PClinuxOS and did the upgrade in synaptic to the 2.3 version and it started this

CR Error(localhost:7830): Need to know glStub environment variable

** (process:7813): WARNING **: Unknown error forking main binary / abnormal early exit ...

then I force version back to 2.2.1 because I can't get 2.3 running and now it does the same thing.  Lost the use of all versions.

Been posting thisa error around because I dont know what to do with it.  OpenOffice forum has some treads, but don't really relate to this error.  PClinuxOS forum has a few sim problems.  I am going to remove everything Openoffice and try another fresh install. of old version.

Up date on this issue.  Was not just openoffice 2.3. Found in linux forum sim error had to uninstall vmgl-domU and vmgl-domO both are hardware accel for 3d.  then it works again.  Before that I had found that 2.3 was not the only thing not starting, was a list of programs I didn't know were also problem, then I started looking for stuff unrelated to office and came to the fix. Now google earth and other programs work too.   :o But have a new issue with Openoffice 2.3 seems to be working fine unless I try to save or save as then the whole PC goes into freeze and have to use the alt prtscn REISUB thing to back it down for a boot.  Been doing nothing but chase bugs for three days  going to let this bug sleep and do something else for awhile.  Am item for the white board deal with it later. :D

Up date on this issue.  Was not just openoffice 2.3. Found in linux forum sim error had to uninstall vmgl-domU and vmgl-domO both are hardware accel for 3d.  then it works again.  Before that I had found that 2.3 was not the only thing not starting, was a list of programs I didn't know were also problem, then I started looking for stuff unrelated to office and came to the fix. Now google earth and other programs work too.   :o But have a new issue with Openoffice 2.3 seems to be working fine unless I try to save or save as then the whole PC goes into freeze and have to use the alt prtscn REISUB thing to back it down for a boot.  Been doing nothing but chase bugs for three days  going to let this bug sleep and do something else for awhile.  Am item for the white board deal with it later. :D

OK got some rest back to linux bug swating.  I found the asnwer to the " save,  save as"  problem in openoffice.  I run KDE and forgot to install KDE extentions for office.  Daaaa.   :D   Many things worked without it, but work better with it.  Looks like PClinuxOC 2007 is 100% again.  I really learned alot this week.