Urgent - Mozilla Firefox Problems - Help Please

batami

I have used Mozilla Firefox for a long time now and am very happy with it.

Today, I put my lap top into stand by mode when I started back up and accessed Firefox it came up with safe mode, then I continued to open it and find that all my bookmarks, personal icons and tools have disappeared and it looks like a completely new and "unused" version. I cannot find a help topic that solves this

Anyone had this before and found a solution - i want to get back to the original version I "know and love"

Any help advice appreciated

cdnvic

thanks for that - at least I have found the bookmark back up and saved a copy in a "safe place' but found I cannot respore to the Mozilla page bookmark list. Also I now realise what I did wrong - when it opened in safe mode i inadvertantly checked the boxes which said restore defaults (toolbars, bookmarks, etc.) Bit of a stupid thing to do, in haste rather than by being slow and careful!

I need to search to see if i can find the original toolbars - any ideas...

appreciate your help - at tleast I ahve the valuable info that I thought I ahd lost

B

cdnvic

thanks for that - at least I have found the bookmark back up and saved a copy in a "safe place' but found I cannot respore to the Mozilla page bookmark list. Also I now realise what I did wrong - when it opened in safe mode i inadvertantly checked the boxes which said restore defaults (toolbars, bookmarks, etc.) Bit of a stupid thing to do, in haste rather than by being slow and careful!

I need to search to see if i can find the original toolbars - any ideas...

appreciate your help - at tleast I ahve the valuable info that I thought I ahd lost

B

sorted : http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_bookmarks

thanks anyway, now I will try to find toolbars!!