Buying Ram In Phuket

MisterMan

I have a compaq laptop pressario :o and need to buy some RAM since I have no realized after 2 years that after having it serviced some memory has been lost !

Anyways......... enough suffering. Time to upgrade!

Where to go? U2? (not a big fan) Downstairs at BIG C? (Does anyone even know the real name besides downstairs at big c?)

The mail order places mentioned in the internet forum dont have the kind I need. AM willing to buy used. Want a minimum of 512. Would prefer 2 of those.

Also are the prices here a lot more then in BKK?

Hi! :-)

I'd like to try to help with this one.

Inside the "Central Shopping Mall" (the big one on the main street) there is a small computer shop on the second floor....it's down the corridor from where the cell phone shops are....across from a couple of hair cutting places.

I wish I could remember more specifics.....like the name of the place...lol!!

They are very helpful....they make not speaking Thai a "non issue"....and if they don't have exactly what you need...they will refer you to someone who does (they did this for me on the one time they couldn't help).

Good luck!

CHEERS!

D

Hi! :-)

I'd like to try to help with this one.

Inside the "Central Shopping Mall" (the big one on the main street) there is a small computer shop on the second floor....it's down the corridor from where the cell phone shops are....across from a couple of hair cutting places.

I wish I could remember more specifics.....like the name of the place...lol!!

They are very helpful....they make not speaking Thai a "non issue"....and if they don't have exactly what you need...they will refer you to someone who does (they did this for me on the one time they couldn't help).

Good luck!

CHEERS!

D

They are closed already.

Don't know where you live, but near Chalong, about 1/2 kilometer or a bit less from the circle, towards Phuket town on the lower (choafa east) road, on the right hand side, is a computer shop called "IT House" in big blue and yellow lettering.

They have excellent service and sell memory.

What they don't stock, they can get in pretty fast.

good luck.

I'd buy a new notebook, can get a good AMD dual Core with 1024Gb Ram,160Gb Hard Drive, Webcam etc.. for under 25k baht.

After years of being anti mac, i have decided that my next computer will be a mac! Until then Ill get more memory.......

Ill try IT House.

Thanks

I'd buy a new notebook, can get a good AMD dual Core with 1024Gb Ram,160Gb Hard Drive, Webcam etc.. for under 25k baht.

Ill try IT House.

Thanks

After some more thought (am I really losing my memory? getting old can suck!) I believe it is called PP IT house or maybe P& P?? Anyway, it has a big yellow and blue sign and is next door to a beauty shop on one side and a dive supply shop on the other. (East side of Choafa)

After years of being anti mac, i have decided that my next computer will be a mac! Until then Ill get more memory.......

Ill try IT House.

Thanks

Sorry, for the tangent, but I was going to upgrade too but opted for a mac laptop. I can't complain, so if and when you change, this inept technically challenged

guy says you'll be making a good choice. (Sorry for the disruption.)

Misterman,

downstairs at Big C is called Bas computers. They have 2 shops there. Always been happy with their services.

Thought it was called BUS computers, but I bought last week Kingston memory in the BIG C, KVR 667 512 MB for 990 Baht and thats comes with lifetime warranty, beware of KingMax low quality, lots of failures, limited or no warranty.