2 Sales Positions

We have 2 positions available for an experienced, english speaking salesperson. The store sells leather shoes, handbags, purses, jackets, etc. One position is located in Bangkok and the other position is located in Phuket.

The position in Phuket is full-time (10am-7pm/6 days per week). The position in Bangkok is part-time (10am-3pm/6 days per week).

Requirements:

- College graduate

- previous sales experience of 2 yrs or more

- native english speaker

Salary + compensation based on experience.

If interested, email: [email protected]

yeah? why a college grad? :o

I've worked in sales since i was 17yrs old and have a retail NVQ level 2 plus supervisor experience with staff of about 30 .....

so almost 7 years experience or a college grad? toss up, toss up.. :D:D

(im joking..kinda)

i never understand why being a shoe saleman need to be a college grad :o

In Thailand you have to have a degree to get employment answering a telephone .

Them telephones in the realm must be pretty complicated things :D

i have 2 telephones on my desk.

1 for internal line and the other for external line.

when the phone rings i cant work out which one to answer.....thus resulting in me having to do very little work.

ps. i dont have a degree.is this the reason?

Requirements:

- College graduate

- previous sales experience of 2 yrs or more

- native english speaker

I think it is an advert for a foreigner. You must have at least college to get a work permit in Thailand.

seriously?

Why college? why not "as long as been to school?"

college or uni graduate?

bugger... :o:D

I really don't get this Thai obsession with College Degrees. Is it a class thing? Are they barring kids from poorer families from decent jobs?

The whole concept of needing a degree to sell shoes is ludicrous!. I was in sales for ten years and despite having a degree from one of the top Universities in the US (Stanford), I was only an average earner. My best friend was a high school dropout who usually earned twice the commission that I did!

I agree it is odd. Thai's have obsessions with degrees for odd things. Even falangs who open stores and businesses here do the same. Browse through the forum and see for yourself.

You need a degree to be an estate agent and a used car salesman. Isuzu as an example was looking for sales personel to sell new cars off a show room floor, but the applicants had to have a degree.

Paper in Thailand is more important that making money in itself. Just because you have a degree in Marine Biology does not mean you can sell cars. They dont take into account experience or ability.

Smoke and mirrors.