What Is Happenig To Thai Visa Forum?

Bpraim1

I'm just a little interested to know what all this gripe is about Thai and Farangs. I thought this forum was for people to learn about how to do things or helpful info from others about Visa,house building, things along these lines.

Well I guess not anymore! It is no wounder most people are starting to look for new forums.

i do admit thaivisa's policies about not allowing anything (even bkk post articles) critical of the junta is annoying.

Sometimes they go overboard but I criticise them (the Thai junta) all the time and very rarely get censored for it. The concern the admins must deal with is how trigger happy the Thai censors are. Other forums don't have near the traffic so they don't get watched much at all in comparison. It's a tough balance between freedom of expression and:

neblock.jpg

Well, to the OP, instead of starting your own thread complaining you could start something more positive, relevant and interesting :o

BTW, Bangkok post does not allow full posting of their articles. Only the first few sentences and a link, not TV policy at all.

i do admit thaivisa's policies about not allowing anything (even bkk post articles) critical of the junta is annoying.

If you recall not that long ago another forum was shutdown for just that and there may have been others we are not aware of. Thaivisa is important to too many members to take that chance. If you browse through the various forums/topics here you will note that many if not most are well behaved while others draw the negative crowd. I personally would rather be safe then sorry. There will always be those critical of any censorship regardless of the fallout.

I would say, as a whole, the positive posts and information far outweigh the negative/critical ones. (IMHO as a member and not a mod) It's just the negative ones standout more and are repetitive.

The food threads are quite useful.

If you need a "feel good" type thread check out the animal forum. It's like the dog & cat people have an aura of genuine kindness to them 24/7.

I found a place for my friends to rent in the phuket forum last week.

The gay forum sometimes has an exciting relationship story full of 1950's era drama. ( Dating Tip: If you are out with a girl and hoping to impress her, don't bring up a funny story you read on the TV gay forum.)

The Pattaya thread is where I go to read up on the people my Thai friends warn me about (Sorry Pattaya people, but the urban legends my friends recite are quite interesting and today's discussion of back hair waxing was an eyeopener.)

I learn something every so often in the Buddism forum.

I read the Chiang Mai thread so I have something to talk about with my buddy in CM. (He's Thai and has never heard of TV thankfully otherwise I'd be toast.)

I find interesting medical and psychological issues in some of the threads many of which are quite amusing and others which are downright creepy. (The thread where some special person droned on about the importance of herbal enemas was grossly entertaining.)

It's a cheap buffet of people that ranges from mental cripples to the erudite and includes some very bitter angry poor pricks and some very kind and generous souls where you say, wow, that's a classy person, I wish my mom or dad was cool like that.

Edited by geriatrickid

I'm just a little interested to know what all this gripe is about Thai and Farangs. I thought this forum was for people to learn about how to do things or helpful info from others about Visa,house building, things along these lines.

Well I guess not anymore! It is no wounder most people are starting to look for new forums.

:o I let my mouse do the walking. Posts have titles. If I'm not interested I just don't click!

If you need a "feel good" type thread check out the animal forum. It's like the dog & cat people have an aura of genuine kindness to them 24/7.

The gay forum sometimes has an exciting relationship story full of 1950's era drama. ( Dating Tip: If you are out with a girl and hoping to impress her, don't bring up a funny story you read on the TV gay forum.)

The Pattaya thread is where I go to read up on the people my Thai friends warn me about (Sorry Pattaya people, but the urban legends my friends recite are quite interesting and today's discussion of back hair waxing was an eyeopener.)

I read the Chiang Mai thread so I have something to talk about with my buddy in CM. (He's Thai and has never heard of TV thankfully otherwise I'd be toast.)

I find interesting medical and psychological issues in some of the threads many of which are quite amusing and others which are downright creepy. (The thread where some special person droned on about the importance of herbal enemas was grossly entertaining.)

It's a cheap buffet of people that ranges from mental cripples to the erudite and includes some very bitter angry poor pricks and some very kind and generous souls where you say, wow, that's a classy person, I wish my mom or dad was cool like that.

:o:D Good post.

That should be in TV's advertisements :o

:o Amen! What would we do without our daily TV fix? How often do we get the opportunity to view such a variety of "opinions" ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous?

That should be in TV's advertisements :D

:o

That should be in TV's advertisements

:o Absolutely ! :D

If you recall not that long ago another forum was shutdown for just that and there may have been others we are not aware of. Thaivisa is important to too many members to take that chance. If you browse through the various forums/topics here you will note that many if not most are well behaved while others draw the negative crowd. I personally would rather be safe then sorry. There will always be those critical of any censorship regardless of the fallout.

I would say, as a whole, the positive posts and information far outweigh the negative/critical ones. (IMHO as a member and not a mod) It's just the negative ones standout more and are repetitive.

Champions of free press