Studying In Cm

Mirka

Hey people,

If i wanted to study thai language where should i study? I'm already taking a short ( 20 hours ) course in thai at the Y.M.C.A, but maybe i should study at the university if i wanted to learn more...? And how about other kind of studying? How would i apply to university and what would it take to get in?

Just woundering maybe i'll stay here in CM a little longer than the original plan of mine was... :o

- Mirka

If i wanted to study thai language where should i study?

AUA. WOuldn't hurt to ask around CMU, but what they have officially is expensive. Informally, it's very possible to learn stuff there.

And how about other kind of studying?

I hope to qualify for the official Spotlight Certificate soon. Keep fingers crossed.

Edited by Sanpatong

I study Thai at Payap University at the International College. I'm a full time student at Payap and the tuition is not cheap.

The Thai course is great. Only one hour a day but the teacher is so good that the hour comes and goes before you know it.

Not all classes I am taking at Payap are that good. I like my business class but don't like my Communications Technology class or my math class.

My math class is quite challenging. It is basic math class and is more of a refresher to everything before calculus. I am having a hard time with the quadradic equations of Algebra since I never learned it as a child. However, those student who did take Algebra in highschool are doing ok.

The classrooms are all air conditioned and well lighted.

Since it's an international college, my classmates come from all over the world. Students come from China, Korea, Myanmar, Indonesia, Singapore, USA, Australia, UK, Germany, Brazil, and Thailand. The atmosphere is very nice. It's a good place to learn.

I hope to qualify for the official Spotlight Certificate soon. Keep fingers crossed.

How many bar fines do you pay per month? This is most important for the Spotlight Certificate.

I have already earned my Marksman, Sharpshooter and Expert certs! :o

How many bar fines do you pay per month?

Um.. about 1 every 6 years. I go there for the coffee. I hope that one day this will yield me the Brown Bandit cert.

Guess I have about as much chance at a SL cert as I do attaining Gold on TG. :o

Hey, I think we're sliding a bit towards the slightly off-topic boundary area. Stop doing that!

Question: how much is tuition at Payap? [ I'm more of a CMU person so I better keep quiet on Payap. ]

Edited by Sanpatong

How many bar fines do you pay per month?

Um.. about 1 every 6 years. I go there for the coffee. I hope that one day this will yield me the Brown Bandit cert.

Guess I have about as much chance at a SL cert as I do attaining Gold on TG. :o

Hey, I think we're sliding a bit towards the slightly off-topic boundary area. Stop doing that!

Question: how much is tuition at Payap? [ I'm more of a CMU person so I better keep quiet on Payap. ]

maybe you can try for a scholarship Sanpatong.