Recommend A Good Vps Web Host In Asia, Pls?

^_^

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good and reliable (preferably with Live Support) VPS+cPanel+WHM Web Hosting company in Asia? Budget at not more than Bt1,500/mo.

I've started by doing a Google search for web hosting company in Singapore. Most of them are over-priced (like 50% - 60% more) compared to pricing of Western & European Countries, and Support on their web site seems like non-existence.

I'm currently paying Bt1,440 for a VPS Package (Disk Space: 20GB / Bandwidth: 400GB / cPanel / WHM) US Based web host and their support and service was superb. But due to some technical problems with the ISP in Thailand, I need to move to a web host in Asia.

Could someone point me in the right direction here, pls? Maybe...there is such a thing as a 'Reliable" Web Host locally in Thailand?

Thanks in advanced.

:o

Reason of Edit: Additional Info.

Edited by ^_^

:o)-->

QUOTE(:D @ 2007-10-02 20:41:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Can someone recommend a good and reliable (preferably with Live Support) VPS+cPanel+WHM Web Hosting company in Asia? Budget at not more than Bt1,500/mo.

I've started by doing a Google search for web hosting company in Singapore. Most of them are over-priced (like 50% - 60% more) compared to pricing of Western & European Countries, and Support on their web site seems like non-existence.

I'm currently paying Bt1,440 for a VPS Package (Disk Space: 20GB / Bandwidth: 400GB / cPanel / WHM) US Based web host and their support and service was superb. But due to some technical problems with the ISP in Thailand, I need to move to a web host in Asia.

Could someone point me in the right direction here, pls? Maybe...there is such a thing as a 'Reliable" Web Host locally in Thailand?

Thanks in advanced.

:D

Reason of Edit: Additional Info.

I did a little checking around myself recently. And it appears that if you want a Thailand-based server, you will be paying similar costs to Singapore.

A lot also depends on what type of stuff you need as well (for me, PHP5 and MySQL5 for starters).

Try visualweb.co.th - Peter is very friendly and knowledgeable and he may be able to provide what you want. I didn't go with him in the end but I will be checking back with him for future projects.

Thanks OneThailand.

I'll check out the link you provided right away :D

I don't need the latest build for all basic software. Just a stable version of all basic softwares and OS in which the majority are running.

More info. after further resaerch through google...seems like the final answer is...there is no such thing as a rightly-priced reliable web host throughout Asia...except for Australia :D

Not giving up yet...I'm now looking at Hong Kong :D

:o

:D)-->

QUOTE(:bah: @ 2007-10-03 00:34:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
visualweb.co.th <--- Disk Space: 15GB :D / Bandwidth : 400GB :o / CPU: 208.8 Mhz :D / No cPanel :bah: / No WHM :o / Price: Bt2,700/mo. + setup fee: Bt1,000 :D

LOL. Surely it has cPanel... not so sure about WHM.

There are a few others in Thailand that I inquired about - didn't like any of the Singapore or Malaysian or even HK packages... Japan is too expensive, so I went right back to the US.

If you want a couple of recommendations for the US, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies :D

Though I browse the News Clipping on this forum on a daily basis, I have totally forgotton about this thread which I've started!!! :D

Guess how I came to land on this thread...through Google while I continue my hunt for a VPS Web Host! Hahahaha :D

Update:

I've tried out two different web hosts in Singapore for the last two months.

The first one was alright, good pricing, speedy server/bandwidth...BUT...no cPanel!

They used an open-source Web Hosting Control Panel which isn't very user-friendly at all. I could get lost using their control Panel even doing the simplest task which would only take me 1 min to do it in cPanel. Most of the stuff have to be done by SSH which isn't something I'm really good at.

The second Web Host, which I'm currently dealing with, and which I've purchased just four days ago, well.......HELLISH!!!

First, their billing system charged me the wrong amount. Secondly, there weren't any kind of notification after the purchasing process which makes me wonder whether if the purchase has gone through. Sent them an email two hours later and got no reply.

8hrs later, sent out second email and got a short respond in 15mins, saying they haven't receive my order and ask to provide more info. Checked my Credit card only to found that the amount had already been deducted. Another email to the web host and got a reply in about 2hrs saying that their billing system screwed up, apologised and promised that my VPS Account would be setup "within 4hrs" as advertise on their site; by then I have already waited around 12hrs!

After the promised "Delivery within 4hrs", I waited for another 5hrs and...nothing. Sent them another email, and again no reply. Waited for another two hours and sent them another email again. No reply...and again...sent them another email...and...nothing!!!

18hrs later, got an email notification saying that my account is ready and that they have sent out the notification the day before and didn't understand why I didn't receive it; I checked my email inbox/junk mail...but nothing!!!

Anyway, since the account is ready, I bought their bluff and gave it a try.

The first thing I did was to upgrade/recompile the system software to make sure it's up to date before uploading my site; which is a procedure I did with every other VPS web host account. Half-way doing recompilation, the system failed.

Sent an email to the web host and after many emails thru and fro, they suggested a full reinstallation of cPanel, which I agreed; that was two days ago (Friday noon).

Today, Sunday, 11.16pm, and after dozens of emails with no replies in the last couple days, I'm back on Google looking for a web host again :o I guess their promised as advertised 24/7 support is also a bluff!!! There's OBVIOUSLY absolutely NOBODY there on weekends!!!

Personally, what I think is most important for a web host is...SUPPORT...SUPPORT...and of course HUGE & Fast Disk Space + Bandwidth...hehe :bah: But the deciding factor for me is SUPPORT!

Not like I'm a problematic client. In my 8yrs with many other web host, I would only request for help during the initial stage when I'm updating and/or configuring server software. Once that done, they most probably wouldn't hear from me again! Unless of course...something wrong with the server itself.

Sigh...sorry for my long rant...as I'm really very disappointed and difficult for me to digest the fact how incompetent and over-priced Asian Country web host are! (I'm Asian myself) Speaking from 8yrs experince having hosted my sites in the US in the past.

Tytus - I'll send you a PM after this....thanks :D