Ttt Connection Bad

R123

Well, I am having terrible problems with Maxnet here on Koh Phangan in the South today. Yesterday was great, no problems with any site.

Today, on the other hand, I cannot access Yahoo or Thai Visa. I am currently using my mobile phone its so bad!

Thanks the replies in particular Earthoria, I am still having connection problems, mainly off all day today though back as i write.

I telephoned TTT yesterday(Thursday) and got a call this morning and was told a "signal" problem and I understood it was solved but guess not judging from the lack of connection all day.

And even when writing this I been disconnected twice.

Perhaps a TTT name change is needed........ to TiT!

Edited by R123

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks the replies in particular Earthoria, I am still having connection problems, mainly off all day today though back as i write.

I telephoned TTT yesterday(Thursday) and got a call this morning and was told a "signal" problem and I understood it was solved but guess not judging from the lack of connection all day.

I thought I'd post a quick update as my problems are now fixed.

I went to the local TT&T office in Chiang Mai and they did admit that when they upgraded all the 1MB home 'Indy' internet packages to 2MB packages, almost everyone was having problems with international traffic. By that I mean emails and websites that are coming from abroad. I was even told the 'Indy' packages are intended for 'Thai surf' only.

The solution has been to change my speed back to a 1MB connection and pay an extra 90THB a month (1,090THB) for a Premier 1024/512 account! The Premier accounts ARE intended for "international surf".

They quickly switched me over to the new account, briefly trying to bill me twice - once for the old account to the end of the current billing period, and once for the new account. I pointed out my old account had not been working for 4 or 5 days, and they soon backed down...

I thought I'd post a quick update as my problems are now fixed.

I went to the local TT&T office in Chiang Mai and they did admit that when they upgraded all the 1MB home 'Indy' internet packages to 2MB packages, almost everyone was having problems with international traffic. By that I mean emails and websites that are coming from abroad. I was even told the 'Indy' packages are intended for 'Thai surf' only.

The solution has been to change my speed back to a 1MB connection and pay an extra 90THB a month (1,090THB) for a Premier 1024/512 account! The Premier accounts ARE intended for "international surf".

They quickly switched me over to the new account, briefly trying to bill me twice - once for the old account to the end of the current billing period, and once for the new account. I pointed out my old account had not been working for 4 or 5 days, and they soon backed down...

i did the same thing in Pattaya after having the same problems. they switched me the same day and i am now 1 of 10 instead of 1 of 20 and consistantly getting 875/450 at any time of day.