Phuket To Ranong?

jeebusjones

My parents will be coming to Phuket next month. I was thinking about meeting them in Ranong as there are some beautiful islands in the middle. Unfortunately, my parents (mid fifties) are not very travel savvy and I'm worried they might have a hard time getting to Ranong alone. Any advice?

What's the easiest way to go from Phuket to Ranong? How long does it take? They only have five days in Thailand.

Thanks

but why Ranong ? there are so many beautyful islands around Phuket and in Phang Nga Bay easily accessible by daytrips

from Phuket

Well I was thinking that Ranong is sort of in the middle for Bangkok and Phuket. Any idea how much it would be to hire a taxi from Phuket to Ranong?

Thanks for the replies.

its a fair drive to ranong from phuket, jeebusjones, and no international airport. i would suggest you meet your parents in phuket if you can.

positives for this are:

cheap airfares (if you need to come from bkk?),

plenty of accom,

lots to do,

not too much traveling time

plenty of western food for them (assuming that as they dont travel too well that they will be after western food).

its a fair drive to ranong from phuket, jeebusjones, and no international airport. i would suggest you meet your parents in phuket if you can.

positives for this are:

cheap airfares (if you need to come from bkk?),

plenty of accom,

lots to do,

not too much traveling time

plenty of western food for them (assuming that as they dont travel too well that they will be after western food).

Sound advice, coupled with access to many islands close by, not much to see & do in Ranong - You can do a short hop to Koh Lak or Krabi if you prefer, but plenty to do in and around Phuket

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.

I understand you all may be a bit biased, since you do live in Phuket. However, I'm not really interested in spending any time there. I know what's in Phuket and I know what's in Ranong, and I much prefer the laid-back feel of Ranong.

So, any idea how long the drive is from Phuket to Ranong?

Thanks again.