Connecting To Tot Using Bipac 5200sr2

wirawk

Hi Guys,

I just moved to a new place (in Bangkok) where I can only connect to TOT ADSL (1Mbps package).

They gave me Bipac 5210S and it worked fine.

However I had another modem, Bipac 5200SR2 ex True ADSL which I want to use to connect to TOT from another room with different computer (not to connect both simultaneously though).

The problem is I cannot setup Bipac 5200SR2 to connect to TOT with the same way I setup the Bipac 5210S. The username and password supplied to setup the 5210S just didnt work on 5200SR2.

I had reset the 5200SR2 but still no luck.

I know that another options are to use multiport modem or via wireless, but since I already had these 2 modems I dont want to buy another one.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

Guest Reimar
Hi Guys,

I just moved to a new place (in Bangkok) where I can only connect to TOT ADSL (1Mbps package).

They gave me Bipac 5210S and it worked fine.

However I had another modem, Bipac 5200SR2 ex True ADSL which I want to use to connect to TOT from another room with different computer (not to connect both simultaneously though).

The problem is I cannot setup Bipac 5200SR2 to connect to TOT with the same way I setup the Bipac 5210S. The username and password supplied to setup the 5210S just didnt work on 5200SR2.

I had reset the 5200SR2 but still no luck.

I know that another options are to use multiport modem or via wireless, but since I already had these 2 modems I dont want to buy another one.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

If the TRUE Modem has an TRUE modified Firmware you can't roll back the Firmware because the TRUE modification is permanent!

I suggest just to buy an cheap Ethernet Switch for app. THB 500.00 and connect your 2 comps and the Modem from TOT to the switch. That has even the advantage that you can use both computer at same time on the Internet and as small network as well to exchange the data between the 2 PC's!

Edited by Reimar

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

If the TRUE Modem has an TRUE modified Firmware you can't roll back the Firmware because the TRUE modification is permanent!

I suggest just to buy an cheap Ethernet Switch for app. THB 500.00 and connect your 2 comps and the Modem from TOT to the switch. That has even the advantage that you can use both computer at same time on the Internet and as small network as well to exchange the data between the 2 PC's!

Hi Reimar,

Thanks for the info, if that's the case then I'll havet to buy the switch.... :o

The solution is pretty easy, but the first I need to know is are you able to login to the modem's setup?

If so find the original Billion manual (http://www.billion.com) is a good start, now you need to find the URL to the firmware update page. Download from the same Billion website a firmware which is "A" upload this file to your local hard disk.

Login to you router/modem as normal and after this you insert the found URL to the update page in your modem, upload the firmware to the modem. Wait a bit and when you sure that everything is fine, say 20 minutes you restart the router/modem. You need to do some resets but after this the router/modem wakes up as a full retail Billion beast.

* True cannot overwrite all pages in the firmware, as it will generate a firmware checksum error, so everything is still there only not visible or selectable.

• 2 weeks later...
The solution is pretty easy, but the first I need to know is are you able to login to the modem's setup?

That's the problem, I'm not able to... :o

Try to login to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254, using usernam and password admin/admin but failed.

As I wrote in my last answer, the TRUE modem has a modified Firmware which you cant roll back!

The solution is just to buy a "vergin" modem. Ifyou look for a cheap but reliable on use a TPLINK! Highly and better configurable than an Billion and with more advantages!

• 6 months later...

Try this: http://www.astra.in.th/html4/

http://www.astra.in.th/html4/Frimware_Down...0Menu%20tot.rar

using ftp or telnet to login

Tot firmware: Admin pass: tot

other isp frimware??? see instruction manual

flash original firmware from manufacture using them downgrade tool or just access the router as ftp by open command prompt: ftp yourrouteripnumberwithdots

it ask for pass username, type it in,

type help to browse, set attribute from read only to r-w read write by the firmware file.

tp-link is much better. I gived up with billion support. Firmware 3.9 is already out for this chipset but I still cant get a update have old 3.7.0 with upnp bugs inside.

http://www.tp-link.com/

Another way set billion as modem / disable all router / nat features by dial in settings put Bridge as settings and

use any dsl enabled router wihtout modem for dial in settings and access such as dlink 615. The Billion is euqied with much to small catch to handle p2p and filter such as firewall. It will give kick outs if you open to many requests at once when nat and firewall is enabled.

Another way to speed it a little bit up. Use the big siemens dsl splitter (in most eu countries eg. Germany you get them free if u ever was have there a dsl contract), set the jumper from dsl (mostly they set to isdn) to analogue adsl.

Request by au.billion.com a firmware downgrade tool

Edited by R3C0N

Try this: http://www.astra.in.th/html4/

http://www.astra.in.th/html4/Frimware_Down...0Menu%20tot.rar

using ftp or telnet to login

Tot firmware: Admin pass: tot

other isp frimware??? see instruction manual

flash original firmware from manufacture using them downgrade tool or just access the router as ftp by open command prompt: ftp yourrouteripnumberwithdots

it ask for pass username, type it in,

type help to browse, set attribute from read only to r-w read write by the firmware file. udpload with ftp to the router the new firmware. Caution you need to put swap command as in old dos times write a a batch so that it by reboot, reset change/replace the 2 firmware filenames.

tp-link is much better. I gived up with billion support. Firmware 3.9 is already out for this chipset but I still cant get a update have old 3.7.0 with upnp bugs inside and many more. Not the australian site au.billion.com forum and support have ever answered to the support question no any other site from them. Besides that there are no 64 bit drivers ever done to use usb as modem with windows 64 bit.

Another way set billion as modem / disable all router / nat features

by dial in settings put: Bridge mode (RFC1483 Bridged), DNS Server disabled

as settings and

use any dsl enabled router without modem for dial in settings and access such as dlink 615 or use ppope/ppopea universal software driver and communicate to the device as modem (without router features) to dial in.

VPI/VCI must be set to your ISP

General every firmware based for that chipset main circuit can work if know how to bypass the checksum. I see only the html sites with different logos and colors are done different but the circuits if you open from other manufacture device with the same features is the same. (Design and case are different include the price)

P.S. ADSL2+ feature is to my knowledge useless cause in Thailand is no 24 mb/s speed ISP available.

The good: Billion says them modem/router can work 6.5 km distance from access point.

My question is how to use 2 adsl lines and bundle them into one for example 2 phone lines or 1 with different VPI/VCI isp provider (2 adsl packages) to doppler the speed?

Guest Reimar

Very clear: 2 different ADSL Lines because you can run only 1 Connection per line! Than use an Load Balancer for to get it working on the same Network or same computer.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Very clear: 2 different ADSL Lines because you can run only 1 Connection per line! Than use an Load Balancer for to get it working on the same Network or same computer.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot I will try to get a Load Balancer.

2 Different ISP's using different VPI/VCI not sure if it works on one telephone line?

Router Interface have up to 10 VPI/VCI to activate at once.

I found by the Billion Router this instruction to downgrade/recover the firmware with file transfer protocol (FTP) from dos command prompt:

Recovering 52xx Series

1) Download & save the ras file to a folder on computer

2) Open command prompt

3) Type CD <Folder location>

4) Type ftp 192.168.1.254 *

5) Login as prompted with admin / admin *

6) Type put ras

7) Firmware should then be upgraded.

8) When complete, reboot router

Replace <Folder location> with the address of folder that contains ras file

The following is what you should see

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]

Copyright © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\folder>cd C:\Users\folder\Desktop

C:\Users\folder\Desktop>ftp 192.168.1.254

Connected to 192.168.1.254.

220 router FTP version 1.0 ready at Sat Jan 01 00:07:12 2008

User (192.168.1.254:(none)): admin

331 Enter PASS command

Password:

230 Logged in

ftp> put ras

200 Port command okay

150 Opening data connection for STOR ras

226 File received OK

ftp: 1226496 bytes sent in 1.68Seconds 730.49Kbytes/sec.

ftp>

* replace ip number with the one from the custom firmware if its tot or true its different and also the password

Quite difficult but cross flashing to the same equiped PCB and Chipset (some ASUS) work if hexedit the firmware file on top the first 3-4 lines where it is different with the firmware of the brand. change with older firmware of your brand these lines (=checksum + brand lock) !only experimental! You may scroll down untill readable values appears and change them to =1 (enable) or =0 (disable). It can add some pages for example Wireless to the menu and QoS, Qos was there before I seen in emulator websites if enter in the web http://routerip/... the page link direct it shown up. There must be OEM tools to edit the firmware cause this TrendChip TC with the same board (little bit different designs, same specifications) is wide spreaded under many names. Some have extensions usb port and addon boards.

Cheers

Edited by R3C0N

Guest Reimar

Cheers.

Thanks a lot I will try to get a Load Balancer.

2 Different ISP's using different VPI/VCI not sure if it works on one telephone line?

Router Interface have up to 10 VPI/VCI to activate at once.

Hi

You may try that but I think with no luck. I had try that before as well with my TRUE Account and an TOT account on both lines, TRUE and TOT but it wasn't work.

I'm not sure may it was because of that the TRUE account didn't works on TOT Line and vice versa. May if you use 2 different ISP Accounts on an TOT line it would works.

I wish you luck by that.

Cheers.