Foreigners' Stats

VictorSach

Hi

I am workin on a doctorate research re restrictions on land ownership in Thailand and am now seeking info re size of foreign populations in Thailand. immigration office might have it but does anyone know any web / source particularly for the stats?

Cheer

Victor

Immigration Office may have the stats, but I am doubtful if they can easily pull them out - even if they want to. They are currently in process of upgrading their computer network, so that there will be a central source, but this is not yet completed. (So I am informed).

I would suggest contacting the various Consular rep's and see how many registered residents they each have. I know many people do not register, but most xperienced consuls can make an educated guesstimate of their countrymen 'in-Kingdom'.

the stats?
I would suggest contacting the various Consular rep's and see how many registered residents they each have. I know many people do not register, but most xperienced consuls can make an educated guesstimate of their countrymen 'in-Kingdom'

The ONLY reliable stats you can find in Thailand about foreigners are the death stats. :o

Each time a foreigner commits suicide or dies in the traffic, the consuls will be informed. The absolut only reliable stats found in this country. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the Embassies would be your best bet...

A local Consular here in Chiang Mai, complaining about his work load, said that there were 20,000 Americans in Thailand.

I wasn't there when he said it, so don't know if he was referring to 'registered'

'or the Embassies best guess...'

Chiang Mai Mike

Hi

I am workin on a doctorate research re restrictions on land ownership in Thailand and am now seeking info re size of foreign populations in Thailand. immigration office might have it but does anyone know any web / source particularly for the stats?

Cheer

Victor

I really hope that the word " Workin " was a typo from an academic. However can you quote as fact in any sort of submission anything gleaned in and about a website ?

• 4 weeks later...