Tired And Going Home.

Ozziepaul

Greetings to all,

Both my wife and I have either had an unusual run of bad luck, or BOTH of us are no longer suited to living in this wonderful, intoxicating, enigmatic land.

We are both fed up with the double standards, lack of clarity, exploitation, inconsistencies, dual pricing, prejudice and Lord knows what else.

Don't get us wrong, we love this land and will miss it immensely, but there comes a time when one must realize that enough is enough. At least for the time being.

Even my darling wife, a full Thai, born in central Thailand, is fed up with her own country and that's saying a lot.

We will not burn our bridges, nor will we heap krahp on this lovely land.

We may have just had a run of bad luck that has translated itself into 'simply too much'.

So we will soon be out of here, back in the land of Oz, doing our thing, but always bouncing back and forth between our two homes and countries.

Maybe some of the wiser participants to this site have something to offer in the way of advice/opinions as to how best let things roll off the back and not take things too personal.

Anyway, enough said.

Regards to all.

Big Paulee and the missus.

PS: in absolutely NO WAY should this be translated or interpreted as slinging sheet at Thailand. Everyoine has their limits and we know ours and it's time to move over and make room for some one else, so to speak; at least for the time being. We will be back for sure, but for now, we are tired and going home. The other home that is.

Even though I live here I know the feeling.

Sometimes you feel you need to escape. While I love living here, and probably have gotten past caring too much about some of the inconviniences here, I hear where you are coming from.

Myself, the only thing I can think of now is 4 weeks in OZ for the Christmas and NY's break.

Having said all that, you are leaving Thailand in a great state of mind, and not one which is poisoned. Meaning, once you've had your fill of OZ, you'll be back. I promise. :o

Safe travels and Gods speed.

Sad to hear you had so many bad luck .

Always follow your guts , every decision is always the right one .

Afterwards you will see why .

I hope you can find your luck back home , and we all will welcome you back (Thailand) when you do.

Anyway head up , and keep it up .

I've lived here for 18 years but go back to visit the family for at least a month every year. It keeps me sane (relatively speaking that is :D )

We all have experienced where you are coming from at some point in our lives here. Its good you still have a positive outlook. Good luck to you in Oz, I suspect that with your kind of attitude, you'll be fine :o

Greetings to all,

Both my wife and I have either had an unusual run of bad luck, or BOTH of us are no longer suited to living in this wonderful, intoxicating, enigmatic land.

We are both fed up with the double standards, lack of clarity, exploitation, inconsistencies, dual pricing, prejudice and Lord knows what else.

Don't get us wrong, we love this land and will miss it immensely, but there comes a time when one must realize that enough is enough. At least for the time being.

Even my darling wife, a full Thai, born in central Thailand, is fed up with her own country and that's saying a lot.

We may have just had a run of bad luck that has translated itself into 'simply too much'.

So we will soon be out of here, back in the land of Oz, doing our thing, but always bouncing back and forth between our two homes and countries.

Maybe some of the wiser participants to this site have something to offer in the way of advice/opinions as to how best let things roll off the back and not take things too personal.

Anyway, enough said.

Regards to all.

PS: in absolutely NO WAY should this be translated or interpreted as slinging sheet at Thailand. Everyoine has their limits and we know ours and it's time to move over and make room for some one else, so to speak; at least for the time being. We will be back for sure, but for now, we are tired and going home. The other home that is.

go home for a month ,thailand is much better after a break .......

Greetings to all,

It sounds like you have already taken things personally.

Why RUN AWAY. Why not stay and face a challenge.

A break is as good as a rest. I come back to the UK for about 4-6 weeks at a time and it helps keep the head in the right place and makes you appreciate what Thailand does have to offer.

No harm in feeling down about your situation in Thailand, we all have runs of bad luck at times.

Good luck to both of you and I hope you reel re-charged soon.

You have to do what you think is best for you.

Personally although when I go back to the UK the state of the country dissapoints me, my health is always much better, as soon a I get back here it deteriorates, I cant seem to get by body to acclimatise to the country.

I really have no explanation for it.

Good Luck BP

TP

It sounds like you have already taken things personally.
 Why RUN AWAY. Why not stay and face a challenge.

Yes, challenge can be tough, but is not suitable for everyone!

Just hope your Thai wife did not influence you too much about leaving the country.

If you were single, yes I agree that you would have a much tougher time here. With your Thai

wife at least thing should be a little bit easier. Just as anywhere else around the world

living outside your own country can be difficult.

Yes, I agree go home take a break come, we all know you will be back to Thailand. It can be boring when you stay at one place too long. It's good to go before you go POSTAL on Thai people.

Good luck to you. :o

khaaw hai chohk dee :D

Nearly 10 years ago I had the same feelings!

One evening I said to my Thai girlfriend:"It's enough for me! I am going back to Germany tomorrow morning."

Next morning went to Don Muang and took the first flight back home I could get. Arriving without a job or a room for me.

Getting a job took me 1 phone call from Frankfurt airport, first 2 weeks I've slept in my parents house.

After 2 months my girlfriend came to Germany with a tourist visa and we have been able to marry with a tourist visa after 4 weeks( I knew someone from my local Amphur in my hometown :o )

But after 1,5 years back in Germany I got "homesick" for Thailand again. Send an email to a big company here in Thailand and asked for a job.

After 3 months we returned back to Thailand and still here. Thai wife did not like it back in her country :

Gerd

im in the same boat. i'm out of here with hopes to return in the distant future. i havn't left thailand in 2 years (not even a visit to the family). thailand has done a great job at extorting my money and future here hence my desire to escape. i hope things are better when i return.

Yep, I think I'd like to hear more of this bad luck.

As for moving on, and I note here that a few on this thread are critisizing your decision, I take the view that provided the move is thought out and you both understand and agree on the reasons why you want to move then you are doing the right thing.

Those here decrying your move are perhaps forgetting they once made a move.

Best of luck anyway and let us know how you get on in Australia.

My family and I move on a regular basis with my work, it tends to put things in perspective after the fist half dozen moves. There is life outside of Thailand, contrary to what some would have you beleive life out of Thailand is as enjoyable as you want it to be.

And in affirmation of your own comments - I'm quite sure you'll really enjoy getting away from the problems in Thailand - being treated as an individual with your own valid opinions and equal rights is a real buz after Thailand.

Greetings to all,

Your wife just realized after so many years that she is no longer suited to live in Thailand? :D

Tell me a single country, where all these things do not exist? :o

If you were not in her life, would she still have the same feelings? :D

Anyway, enough said.

Regards to all.

Thats key,

Sometimes a complete reset / reboot is exactly whats called for, both for perspective and sanity.

No crime in trying something different for a while, if the same issues follow you that will tell you something.

Good luck. :o

I am, at this writing, at my "other" home in Palm Springs California after exactly 12 months (this time) in Thailand.

I was tired of so many things but I still felt some reluctance on my way to Suvarnabhumi. Now that I am settled in and jet lag is over, I am feeling soooooo refreshed. I am enjoying the peace and quiet of the desert, the clean air, the ease of travel over roads that feel like velvet and finding parking wherever I need it...........so many things. I will be here for 5 weeks and I know I will then be happy to return to Thailand for another year.

Change is good. I am just grateful that I am able to do this periodically.

Ozziepaul--I must admit that I do not feel sorry but only envy for you since you are moving back to my favorite country in the whole world. I spent 8 years flying into Sydney and laying over there several times a month. I also spent many of my vacation times there and had a chance to travel all over OZ and meet some of the nicest and most fun people in the world. Australia is the only country in the world that I would happily move to tomorrow and live full time if it were not for the fact that I am so entrenched in many ways here in the US. I love Thailand also but not for full time living so spending 3 months a year there I find that I can enjoy the best of my two worlds. You are a lucky man to be returning to such a wonderful country with such great people so I wish you the very best on your return to OZ. :o

Greetings to all,

Anyway, enough said.

Regards to all.

Know exactly where you're coming from and hope it all works out :o

You have to do what you think is best for you.

Personally although when I go back to the UK the state of the country dissapoints me, my health is always much better, as soon a I get back here it deteriorates, I cant seem to get by body to acclimatise to the country.

I really have no explanation for it.

Good Luck BP

TP

It's the heat ole mate and perhaps the formaldehyde-infused amber nectar. Get a gallon of water in ya between each beer and stay away from saunas and all-night bonking sessions which just exacerbate the extra pressure on the brain, heart et al. :D Air-con's good but also zaps your H20... leave a window slightly ajar.

I know what you are talking about. It happens to me somewhere between my 4th and 6th year in Kingdom. I call it all Thai'd out, as in knackered. I go away for awhile, has been as long as two years, but a couple of months will do, and then come back refreshed and happy to be here amongst 'em again.

AjarnMark resorts to the red ink in the belief he's marking someone's homework.

What is it with teachers that they go around treating everyone else like school children?

--Add overlooking the quality of what is written--

A rather good post that should be read by those that need a dose of reality.

Greetings to all,

Nothing wrong with going home. Oz is a great country, go back and chill out for awhile. Thailand will always be here when/if you want to return :o:):D

AjarnMark resorts to the red ink in the belief he's marking someone's homework.

What is it with teachers that they go around treating everyone else like school children?

Red ink is just to highlight my replies on certain issues.

BRW I am not a school teacher :D:D:o