Extend Non Imm B 1 Yr Multi Entry?

I heard a rumor that i can now just go to immigration and they stamp me another 3 months instead of border crossing every 3 months? I have a work permit of course. I hold a one yr non imm b multi entry visa, due to exp in Jan. I also hear that maybe i can extend this visa when it expires in Jan, meaning i dont need to head off to a Thai embassy abroad again. Would be nice but im skeptical?

Any pointers??

The rumor you heard is correct on condition that you can meet the requirements for extension of stay. See also this post and thread.

--

Maestro

For the current regulations on visa extension see this link Thai Police Order 606/2549 – Immigration's English translation If you qualify, a visa extension can be made by visiting your local immigration office, instead of having to go to another country.

With a non immigrant B visa and a valid work permit you could apply under section 7.1. Check this list carefully, if you think you can meet the criteria, then go to your local immigration and ask for their list of requirements for such an extension.