Yipee.... My R&r Is Here

GuestHouse

Well it's been a long time coming, or at least it's been a long time in the offing.

Two false starts because of problems getting my Iqama to me on time - but now its all go for tomorrow.

My bags are packed, I've only got to do half a day tomorrow, fill in my time sheets for the next three weeks, do a hand-over presentatikon and I'm offskee.

Next stop Bangkok.

Mrs GH landed yesterday and I've told her to meet me at the airport with a cold beer in one hand and a bacon sandwich in the other.\

Yipee.....

quoted"........ Mrs GH landed yesterday and I've told her to meet me at the airport with a cold beer in one hand and a bacon sandwich in the other."

................................................................................

I had a similar experience as yours while I spend nearly 2 months in Morocco a few years back. Bacon and sausage links are my all time faverite sandwich and breakfast, they are my stable diets. I was starving and really miss my pork dishes.

You're lucky that Mrs. GH did nice thing to satisfied your crave.

Enjoy your R&R.

Well it's been a long time coming, or at least it's been a long time in the offing.

Two false starts because of problems getting my Iqama to me on time - but now its all go for tomorrow.

My bags are packed, I've only got to do half a day tomorrow, fill in my time sheets for the next three weeks, do a hand-over presentatikon and I'm offskee.

Next stop Bangkok.

Mrs GH landed yesterday and I've told her to meet me at the airport with a cold beer in one hand and a bacon sandwich in the other.\

Yipee.....

Ah, yes, R&R, AKA I&I, etc.

I did 26 months in Khartoum, '87-'89.  USAID paid for two R&Rs per tour since it was a hardship tour.  I took seven (7)!!  All of them to Bangkok.  Did think of trying to write off five of them to my medical plan as "psychological readjustment" expenses, never did, afaid they'd cancel on me!

Mac