Applying For A Usa Tourist Visa In Another Country

My Thai girlfriend wants a USA visa so she can visit me in california. I have read that it is extremely difficult to get one in Thailand so would anyone know if it is any easier to get one in another country. She has a 2 year Visa for canada and a 4 year visa for The nederlands. She could go to one of these countries and apply? Thanks, Andrew

Hi Andrew,

You could try it but it's my belief that the application generally has to be made at the embassy in the country in which the applicant lives. Certainly this is the case for the UK. However, if your g/f already legitimately holds visas for Canada and the Netherlands then she should have little difficulty in getting a US visa.

Scouse.

I agree with the above.

US embassies in other countries will not give your gf a visa unless she is there long-term (i.e., either working, studying, or with permanent residence). If she qualifies for a Canadian visa, though, it is likely she will qualify for a US one with no problem.

I am not aware how difficult it is for a single young Thai lady to get a visa to Canada so will pass to others who have experienced getting one for a Thai g/f for Canada, but I do feel that getting one for the U.S. will be easier once the g/f has actually made the trip to Canada or other western country.

Demonstrated foreign travel to western countries and return to Thailand is one more indication of her desire to return to Thailand after foregn travel to western countries.

Demonstrated foreign travel to western countries and return to Thailand is one more indication of her desire to return to Thailand after foregn travel to western countries.

Well maybe to western countries but to the US there has to be clear proof of compelling reasons in which to return to Thailand or anywhere else in Asia for that matter.

Young single Thai girl? I'm sure she would like to visit you in Cali.

Highly doubtful that she will be doing so unless you marry her or go thru the K-1.

Mr Vietnam :o