Visa Run To Singapore

I currently reside near Mae Sot, and have been doing the Bridge run to Myanmar to keep my Passport up-dated. As I can meet all the requirements for retirement here, I am, next month taking a short holiday in Singapore, where I am hoping to try and obtain a Non-Immigrant (for retirement) Visa.

My questions are:

1) Is this possible to do in Singapore?

2) If so do I need to show any documents, other than my Passport?

3) How long is the time taken to process the Visa?

Any answers/advice on the above matters will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Member Tomallison,

The Royal Thai Embassy in Singapore does all categories of Viss. You deliver the needed paperwork before noon and recive the visa after noon the following workday. What paerwork and finacial statu required for a retirement visa is agedepended.

Anyway I was there in June and experienced absoulutely no problems with anything.

Somsak

Thanks for info.

I am still little confused about about what to obtain, Non-Imm O, or O-A Visa?

I did check with Immigration in Mae Sot. They advised me to obtain a Non-Imm Vias outside the Country, and I could then get my one year retirement extension from them. So what to apply for in Singapore? and any supporting documents required?

I am, by the way, a British Citizen (UK Passport) 56 years old.

Appreciate any answers/advice.

Just apply for the Non Imm 'O' visa, and when they ask for the reason, write in that you wish to retire.

As you are already in Thailand and have been border hopping they may be suspicious. It may be a good idea to have your house rental agreement available, and a copy of you Thai bank book showing 2-300,000 in the account.

Once you return you can apply to the local immigration office for a one year extension. When you apply you will need to show 800,000 in the bank or a certified income of 70,000 per month.