Chak Phra Festival 2-11 November

sbk

There is big sign up for the upcoming Chak Phra festival on Koh Phangan 2-11 November. It is strictly a local/Surat festival as far as I understand.

There will be boat races between ladies from different villages-- as well as a kind of dragon boat race too. Great local festival and worth making it for the races. The ladies definitely have a great time. :D

When I first came Chak Phra was the only major festival/market on the island --bigger than the Chaloklum temple festival and a great place to buy all sorts of cooking equipment and dishes. Now, it seems to be just all the regular stuff for sale :o

Samui also has a Chak Phra festival--should be the same dates but I don't know that for sure.

Yes, that is the one. It is fun, they have sports tournaments as well as the boat races. I remember a few years back one team of ladies got a tad hammered and tipped the boat over :D And yes, these are older local ladies--guess its the one time of the year they can really go wild :o

Big sign in Ban Kai, just as the road makes that sharp turn, across the street from the motorbike repair shop. English and Thai