Restorers: How Do You Bring The Gleam Back To The Old Girl?

Macx

When I stripped my Honda Pop, I dumped all the alluminium bits into toilet cleaner for a few minutes. It came out looking like new but just be sure to wash it all properly with clean water otherwise the acid will just keep on eating away at the metal. Read about my restoration project HERE.

Great write-up! :o

How did the family and neighbors react when they saw you tinkering with a junk heap, and then later emerge with a nifty, almost brand new machine?

Thanks for the tips, btw!

To the op, i have added a link for some nuts, for you here is some more pics,, you are welcome to come on a ride, you can rent a bike in PP fpr $10 a day !

Thanks! I'll certainly look you up when I get there!

Hey, great pics! Some real nasty, fun looking terrain too.

The pic of the bike floating on plastic jugs is priceless! :o

Love it!

Btw, whose idea was it to use those jugs?

just the 3, the ktm is kept in phnom penh ,i ride the yamaha down there and depending on the severity of the track/ride i choose either bike, if you havent experieced riding in cambodia i would describe it as similar to riding from baghdad airport into town ! without the bullets !./ awesome

That's on the agenda for next year!

I'll have to hit you up for tips at some point.

Great pic! You have more?

To the op, i have added a link for some nuts, for you here is some more pics,, you are welcome to come on a ride, you can rent a bike in PP fpr $10 a day !

Now I see the need for the 660 Tenere!!

Now you are talking, that is a nice bike, however this is the ultimate s e asia tool !

post-41326-1193322872_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I'll certainly look you up when I get there!

Hey, great pics! Some real nasty, fun looking terrain too.

The pic of the bike floating on plastic jugs is priceless! :o

Love it!

Btw, whose idea was it to use those jugs?

The kymers went to a village and emptied the locals drinking water out ! when needs must eh ! :D

• 4 months later...