Accomodation In Chiang Mai With Dog?

TaiKai

Hi!

My girlfriend and my dog will move to Chiang Mai for 6 months at the end of October and we are looking for an accomodation where we could stay with our dog when we arrive until we have found a definitive place.

The best option would be a house, lodge or so. Has anyone any ideas?

Thank you!

I honestly don't know any guesthouse, hotel or the like where you are allowed to keep a dog. However, you could consider renting any place for a month or so, and then take your time in finding something that suits you.

I've PM-ed you three places that are for rent at the moment for, I think, a reasonable price. You could contact them.

Nienke, who happen to own a dog boarding kennel, LuckyDogs :o

Flora House ( http://www.florahouse.4t.com/ ) is a very nice and reasonably priced place that DOES accept pets. We stayed there for two months at the end of last year, with our four cats, while searching for a house and waiting for our stuff (furniture etc.) to arrive.

/ Priceless

@Priceless:

Thanks for this great link! I believe that is what I was looking for!

[..10 Minutes later..]

Now I just called and they said it is not possible to bring a dog :o With cats it might not be a problem, but with a dog, definitely!

@Nienke:

Thanks, Nienke, for the addresses sent. I rang up the phone-nrs. of choice #2, the first did not work for me and the second was only answered in Thai, which I don´t understand :D . I will have to wait until I get an interpreter assigned :-)

I will also call a couple of real-estate agents now. I don't mind paying a foolish price for a month if it gets my problem sorted, hehe....

I'm waiting to hear back from my friend Paco, who just moved to Dali, China.

I emailed him as soon as I saw your post yesterday.

Right before he left CM, he stayed in a very nice guesthouse, just south of the moat, that most definitely DOES allow dogs- and he raved about how nice the owners were, how reasonable it was, etc. He has 2 little fluff-balls, which he took with him to China.

Yes, there is at least one guesthouse that I know of that for sure allows dogs.

As soon as I hear back from him, I'll post the info here. :o

McG

Hi!

My girlfriend and my dog will move to Chiang Mai for 6 months at the end of October and we are looking for an accomodation where we could stay with our dog when we arrive until we have found a definitive place.

The best option would be a house, lodge or so. Has anyone any ideas?

Thank ymban1082l.jpgou!

Might make a difference if you would say or post a photo of the dog....

Sometimes if its just a little dog, exceptions could be made.......so I guess if we don't see a pic, we would assume it wasn't a little "FLUFF BALL" ???

OK, let me see if I have a picture of my FLUFFBALL "FELPUDO".

:o

post-52974-1192172543.jpg

FELPUDO G.

OK, Paco finally got back to me with the dog-friendly guesthouse info.

The name is: Photo Gallery Homestay, 48/1 Nataram Rd., Chiang Mai.

phone: 053-274128, 084-0470505, 081-8835735.

I have a web address, but forum rules preclude posting it here. PM me and I'll pass it along.

Hope this helps!

McG

Flora House ( http://www.florahouse.4t.com/ ) is a very nice and reasonably priced place that DOES accept pets. We stayed there for two months at the end of last year, with our four cats, while searching for a house and waiting for our stuff (furniture etc.) to arrive.

/ Priceless

I'm sorry Priceless, that just really was priceless. Turning up at a guest house with four moggies. :o:D :D

Please don't take offence, I love cats.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, Paco finally got back to me with the dog-friendly guesthouse info.

The name is: Photo Gallery Homestay, 48/1 Nataram Rd., Chiang Mai.

phone: 053-274128, 084-0470505, 081-8835735.

I have a web address, but forum rules preclude posting it here. PM me and I'll pass it along.

Hope this helps!

McG

Hi Mr. McG and the rest of you helpful people out there!

After 12 hours of flight and 9 hours Taxi-ride from BKK to Chiang Mai, we just arrived at Photo Gallery Homestay. We have been received well and our dog seems very glad to be in a dog-friendly surrounding. The guesthouse is quite basic, but we are more than happy to have found a place where we could stay with our "Fluffball". And even the internet is not too bad at all!!!

I deserve a shower now and a Penang curry.

Thanks again to all!

Kai

Actually in my experience travelling with a dog, most places don't mind.

Dog has to stay outside in the yard/parking lot obviously, but then we never keep dogs inside the house anyways, of course.

To watch over the beast there's usually a friendly night security person who likes dogs or for whom it at least represents a slight diversion from the monotony of his existence.