Storm

markwhite

I've just driven back from the in-law's house on the border between Nakhon Province and Krabi Province and have come through an awful storm.

The rain started before Thung Yai and didn't let up until just before Meuang Nakhon - about 150km of solid, driving rain. Visibilty was down to tens of metres at times and a two hour outward journey became a 3.5 hour return journey.

We also saw two motorsais down with casualties, I saw my first ever lightening strike hit power lines a hundred metres or so in front of us which took all the power on that stretch of road out, and we missed being wiped out by an oncoming driver by about 10 feet. The roads were treacherous enough, and with the added Deuan Sip celebrations peaking yesterday and today with associated traffic almost certainly with added alcohol, it was all a bit scary.

This goes into second place as my worst ever journey, losing out to a 4 hour drive for the 30-odd miles between Leicester and Nottingham one Christmas Eve in 10-foot visibility fog.

At times like this, I regret giving up drinking. I could do with one right now :-(

I just needed to unload, that's all.