Used Golf Balls?

FolkGuitar

An annual tourist that I know just e-mailed me and asked me if there is an market for used golf balls? He walks early every morning around a golf course in the US for exercise and frequently picks up lost balls. He wants to know if he brought them to Chiang Mai when he returns in December if anyone would pay 25 cents per ball.

I'm not a golfer. I have no idea how much balls cost or if there is even a need/want for used balls. But I'd assume that since these are not from a driving range that might be in good condition. I told him I'd ask here? Any suggestions?

An annual tourist that I know just e-mailed me and asked me if there is an market for used golf balls? He walks early every morning around a golf course in the US for exercise and frequently picks up lost balls. He wants to know if he brought them to Chiang Mai when he returns in December if anyone would pay 25 cents per ball.

I'm not a golfer. I have no idea how much balls cost or if there is even a need/want for used balls. But I'd assume that since these are not from a driving range that might be in good condition. I told him I'd ask here? Any suggestions?

My brother in law is a caddy and unofficial golf tutor, he has a busy little trade in golf balls. He is in Bangkok until 16 October but when he returns I will ask him what his going rate is and let you know.

. . . I may need to be reminded by PM or bumped post here!

JxP

My brother in law is a caddy and unofficial golf tutor, he has a busy little trade in golf balls. He is in Bangkok until 16 October but when he returns I will ask him what his going rate is and let you know.

JxP

Ten decent condition balls for 100bht is the going rate, available at every course in the shop or at the half-way houses on the course

JxP

Ten decent condition balls for 100bht is the going rate, available at every course in the shop or at the half-way houses on the course

Thanks for both your answers, guys. I really had absolutely NO idea what these things are worth. While I was growing up, if a group of white guys was chasing a black guy over hill and dale, it was for a lynching, not for a golf game! Even though I don't know anything about the game, watching Tiger Woods swing is sheer perfection.... but the game still bores me silly!

:o

Edited by FolkGuitar

Yes, there is a market - but unless he's planning to sell them himself - and even then - I can't see the point of lugging over so much weight for so little return.

On the other hand, if he's bringing in balls in great condition, especially Titleist or Callaway or Nike, the going rate for those is about 100-120 baht for four or five when bagged together. But mixed bag or so-so condition - not worth the hassle.