Cbr Tank Bags

idahospud

I posted a topic last month coming from the USA and wanted some info on the cbr. Thanks

I am now here (Chiang Mai) does anybody Know if tank bags are available.?Some how I need a little carrying capacity shy of a backpack. Any suggestions. Still to purchase. 65k seems to be the going price any thoughts. Has anybody bought a bike on a tourist visa recently ? I have been to the honda shop by airport plaza and they have cbrs in stock I stopped by the honda shop on the way to Doi suteph none in stock 65k Where else should I go?

I commuted for years from Chiang Mai on my CBR150, wearing a backpack and mounting a magnetic tank bag that I bought online, probably at denniskirk.com. It has to be small; mine could only hold about 4 or 5 Diet Cokes. 62K sounds like a good price. The dealer on Huay Kaew going toward the zoo has a large inventory of scooters (I pass by that shop daily), but I've never seen a CBR there. Niyom Panich is where I bought mine. Sasa Panich on the north side probably stocks one, also.

You might buy a smaller backpack; they come in all sizes. I might sell you my second hand small black tank bag; you can send me a PM.

As for buying one on a tourist visa, that's not likely, because the CMai Immigration Police don't issue the paperwork that the vehicle authority wants to see, unless you have a long term visa.

Thanks for the replies. I may just be a motorbike less Farang at least in Thailand ,shy of a rental. I am going to the us embassy on tuesday. I have a permanent address a motorcycle licence and a triple entry visa can't do much else. I am not getting married or 50. Anybody have any other experience or advice on this subject I would appreciate it.

Thanks to all. Yesterday I went to the Us embassy and applied for a vehicle registeration and to purchase a new bike no problem. I am no longer a bikeless Farang. I bought a new CBR 1150r at the Honda shop by the Airport Plaza.

This bike is no problem to ride for a grocery stop or what ever. They are so small and the clutch is like butter you forget you are even riding a bike with a clutch. As far as a basket,take your girlfriend and you do not need one. Idaho Spud out.

Would like to do some rides soon. (Chiang Mai)

Congrats. to your new CBR and yes of If you take the girlfriend as bagholder ok, That why I also bought the Phantom as well for shoping and also transport the Mrs at the same time.

The CBR is and will be for my eyes only and a lot more fun, you can say its my mia noi so to say and I dont get in conflict with my Mrs.

The CBR150 has enough flat space on top for a very small tank bag (by Western standards). Mine is the smallest I could find. I got the magnetic ones on the side, which fasten to the tank and it has a handle at the front that is handy. I don't know if they sell them even at the big accessory shops. Mine also has good zippers, extra side pockets, and a map display.

But of course, if you have a monster like Thaicoon has, you could get a 39 liter tankbag big enough to park an aircraft carrier atop it, and stuff it with an entire squadron. :o

Honda sells a tank-bag for the Cbr150. I've had mine for 2 years now. I've seen red and also black versions. About Baht 400 then. You can order through Honda Accessories at any Honda dealer.

There are magnets in the back piece and also in the side flaps. I would give the tank a good coating of wax first as it has scratched my tank up a bit. Not noticeable unless you are looking closely.

I use mine most of the time I'm riding. it also has backpack straps that I haven't got round to having removed, as they interfere a bit with the bag seating on the tank. I've never used them, as the bag has a handle on the top.

Worth buying.

Thanks again for the input. After I posted the reply I saw the error.(ie1150) I have two Buells in the usa a 95 and a 99 Thunderbolt both 1200's so maybe my finger stuck for a reason . :o I will contact a few members in the next few days. I went to a honda dealer and they did not indicate any tank bags were available but since arriving I have learned not to give up with 1 reply from 1 Honda shop.

I will watch this site for any new posts.

Today a Ride to the mountains.

Thanks again for the input. After I posted the reply I saw the error.(ie1150) I have two Buells in the usa a 95 and a 99 Thunderbolt both 1200's so maybe my finger stuck for a reason . :o I will contact a few members in the next few days. I went to a honda dealer and they did not indicate any tank bags were available but since arriving I have learned not to give up with 1 reply from 1 Honda shop.

I will watch this site for any new posts.

Today a Ride to the mountains.

Buel Thunderbolt, nice machine,

I really am fond of the buells. The harley sound a lot more go and they are by my standards cheap. I picked up the 95 Mint condition 13,000 Miles with extras For $ 2300.00 Us

Lot of bike for the money, they look superb, mate in Non Bua Lamphu, has just bought one, he is having extra work done on it, it will be a beast.

sorry guys for going a bit off topic.

bobbin, can you tell me what honda shop in chiang mai you got your tank bag and directions to.

Airport plaza honda just gets blank stare when I ask them and I have asked a few times there.

Honda on the way to chiang mai university said they will see if available that was three days ago. Has anyone seen a brochure like the wave or click that shows what accessories are available.