Bulldogs

Hi everybody...

I have 2 English bulldogs for sale. Unfortunatley due too circumstances i and my wife have to go back to the Uk. If i could take the dogs with me then i would...

I have one male Bulldog and his name is Man-u, and yes as in Manchester United! The previous owner gave him this name so we just stuck with it. He is 3 years old and he is not a relation of the Harry Potter dog! as many people would tell you otherwise... Harry Potter's Dog must have at least 25,000 relations in Thailand! Anyone of you who have ever looked for a bulldog your selfs will know what i am talking about... Man-u is a great dog, friendly, can be a nusance some times and makes a great gaurd dog! He loves to be out side of the house. He is very healthy and fit and has had all of his vacinations.

The other is a female and her name is Chelsea. We called her this because we have a Man-u... She is also 3 years old and also has a pedegree certificate. She is totally different from the male. She loves to be in the house as much as possible, and is also very layed back. She does not make a good gaurd dog at all. She is a sweet dog...

We would like the new owners to want the dogs as pets. Some one who loves dogs and could take good care of them. And some one who preferably has a garden?

I have been advertising Man-u and Chelsea on the internet for the past 3 weeks and have only just come across this site today... Unfortunatley the only interest in them both are breeders from Bangkok... Who want to know the mother's and Father's names? And are they related to the Harry Potter dog? And that they want the dogs and can we send them by Plane etc... Yeah right! I don't think so... Seriously i want the dogs to have a good home and not end up with some breeder! Stuck in a 3' + 4' cage 24/7, never having there wrinkles cleaned on a daily basis, their noses greased, never taken for a walk, never shown any affection, being fed the right foods etc... We really want interest from people who love dogs...

We are living in Chaing mai, so any interest from any one in or around Chaing Mai would be great...

Contact Steve or Annie on *** or e-mail Steve at ***

Please PM the poster--email and phone removed per forum rules--sbk

Man-u originally cost us 26,500. We are asking for 15,000 baht.

Chelsea originally cost us 27,000. We are asking for 16,000 baht.

Or both for 28,000 baht.

If no pictures show up on this ad, then please give us a call and we will be happy to talk to you and send you some pics! Thank you...

hi

sorry that you have to find a new home for your two dogs. i don't want to discourage you but it will be very hard to find good people for them... but maybe you are lucky!

as puppies can be had cheaper i don't think you will be very successful to sell them. and also a good place is more important than money, isn't it?

as here in los living circumstances change sometimes quickly and also unexpected, it is also possible that the new home will not be the forever home... so i would advise to have them spayed before you give them away so any breeding will be avoided in the future.

just a thought.

Very sorry for you and your wife that you have to make this decision. It must be hard on you. Also very sorry for the dogs as it means they have to change house and pack again.

I agree with Elfe, in order to rule out that the dogs will be bred it is best to alter them. Furthermore, I believe the prices you ask for the dogs are pretty high, despite the price you have paid for them yourself. It may make it much harder to find real good homes for them, as those who are willing to pay such a price are often the ones who have breeding them in the back of their minds. After all, also they want to have their investments back.

On the other hand, by selling them in stead of giving them away, cahncesa re higher that you rule out those who just want to have a full-bred for free and may not be willing to provide them with the care they need.

In case you may still have some doubts in your minds about rehoming them, but came to this decision because of quarantine requirements in the UK and the high costs that goes with it, you may be interested to inform about an option of sending the dogs to a boarding place in Holland, belgium o France for the 6 months requirement, and after that you can take them home. Nonetheless, the whole process will be costly (i.e. sending blood to Holland for rabies titer, another three months in Thailand after the results have came back, transportation costs and costs of boarding in Holland).

I hope you come to a good solution for your dogs.

Nienke

• 2 weeks later...