Toyota Avenza

Felt 35

Allow myself to ask if there is anyone who have experience as owner of, or regularly drive the Toyota Avanza and who could give some information about pluses and minuses with this kind of car.

I have a few questions that I hope some of you with more car and motor knowledge than me can answer.

1. Will the Toyota Avanza be as comfortable to drive as a Honda Civic (present car)!

2. I drive an average 8000Km a year and its usually only in and around Phuket, but with a weekly trip to Phang-nga and once or twice a year down to Hua Hin. Is the less powerful engine on the Avanza something I will feel as a setback considering that my driving is not in the “fast lane” but more on the defensive side!

3. When put down the seats in the Avanza is it then be possible to load sports equipment in the length of a mountain bike from the rear hatch without dismantle the bike! (I cant find the measurement on Toyota’s web page)

Probably not easy to answer this questions without owning similar car but any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

:o

3. When put down the seats in the Avanza is it then be possible to load sports equipment in the length of a mountain bike from the rear hatch without dismantle the bike! (I cant find the measurement on Toyota's web page)

A company I used to work for uses Avanzas and the bigger Innova not much difference between the two except the Innova is bigger.

Take your mountain bike down to Toyota and try it in the back. If it won't fit....

Civic is smaller and engine is slightly bigger so you may notice a small drop in performance but given your mileage and style maybe you won't.

I like cheap and cheerfull. How many people do you want to carry? Nissan WingRoad?