Birds Hanging Around My High Rise Condo

Jingthing

OK, you are gonna laugh at this one. I neglected to mention that I had placed some wooden bird decorations on the floor my balcony a long while back. I didn't think birds would see these as birds, but I decided to try removing them. No more birds. Coincidence?

Edited by Jingthing

It's hard to crack up when birds ruined our air-con compressor. We have an apartment on 10th floor of a building in PTY. We seldom visit this place so birds put their nest in the compressor. What we can do when we go there we just shoot the toygun with plastic bullets. It only keeps them away a while. They always come back.

We have an invasion of mud nest swallows on our building. They start their obnoxious chatter at 5AM.

Horrible creatures, crapping all over the place.

I shooed them away several times but they come right back.

Finally, I gave them a good whack with a long stick.

That keeps them out for several days.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised nobody mentioned: hang some CD/DVD's on string (I use fishing line) and let them spin in the breeze. Apparently birds don't like to see their reflection, is what I've been told.

I had birds nesting in my condo's air con compressor *FOUR* times before I put up a couple of CD's. No problem since. (I actually put two CD's back to back so both sides were mirrors.) It cut WAY back on the amount of bird cr@p on the balcony railings, too.

Surprised nobody mentioned: hang some CD/DVD's on string (I use fishing line) and let them spin in the breeze. Apparently birds don't like to see their reflection, is what I've been told.

I had birds nesting in my condo's air con compressor *FOUR* times before I put up a couple of CD's. No problem since. (I actually put two CD's back to back so both sides were mirrors.) It cut WAY back on the amount of bird cr@p on the balcony railings, too.

Does it matter which singer?

Cheers

Does it matter which singer?

Well, I'm not sure. I use computer CDs/DVDs. The ones that are attached to so many UK and Aussie computer mags. Maybe my birdies are repelled by geekiness? :o

So far I am too lazy or cheap to try any of these ideas. Loved the bird of prey robot video though.

Given that, what works well to clean the bird poop?

You could always just flip them the bird! :o On a serious note, we always just used a bit of household bleach / water mixture for clean-up. And we used a set of good protective gloves!

I owe you an apology. I didn't really believe your story, so I visited your condo this morning and managed to snap a photo of you being attacked.

Horrible. If you need any help, my brother in law is a professional starling exterminator. Please let me know, my brother in law said he's doing a promotion at the moment, kill three birds, kill one free.

post-52556-1196171684_thumb.jpg

Edited by powwow