Wuttichot School

tuky

My daughter (she will be 4 in December) will start her first day at Wuttichot today.

I haven't been able to check the place out otr have a decent conversation with my Daughter's Mum to find out more about it.

Following the discussions regarding BEST in another thread what do all you folks have to say about Wuttichot?

Aparently my daughter is enrolled in the Thai and English program at about 60k per year.

What do you think of this school? anyone have kids there?

Thanks.

I too would be interested.

My 10 year old step son goes to Aksorn in Naklua - which we are quite happy with for various reasons, but the English teaching there is not too good, depite having farang teachers.

We will probably move him when he is 12, so I'm doing a bit of advance planning.

I have never visited this school, although I have passed by and do know where it is located. Our son has been at Best for five years, and true thier has been several changes at this school. They still have an English program, although their sports facilities at the moment are not good. Satit supose to start an English program this next term, but as things go in Thailand something, I am keeping our son at Best for at least one more term to see what happens. At Best the Thai teachers are very good. the problem lies with the Foreign teachers. I have spoken with the principal, and he admits since you now have to have a four year degree to teach in thailand it is very dificult to find good foreign teachers. I can see his point. The current pricing at best is 20,000 a term withy 5000 for a one month summer term which is not madatory.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard lots of negative things about Wuttichot. If I were you, I'd be looking at one Regents in Pattaya. Pricey for sure BUT well worth the investment! :o

Anyone who has to pay the school fees out of their own pocket would not consider Regents it is extortionately expensive!

I looked at wuttichot about 2 years ago when looking for a school for our two children and we did not like the look of it or the attitude of the teachers there we decided on BEST but we have just removed our children from this school as it has deteriorated so much in the last year that we would not allow our kids to spend another day there.

I have explained about the new school on another thread REPS school in Ban Chang which is excellent and well worth the extra effort repsrayong.com

Avoid Wuttichot/ISP like the plague, the worst two schools in the area. Satit/Best/Aksorn all have good and bad points and as previous threads have stated, REPS in Bang Chang is good, but sooooo far away from Pattaya City.

Just my opinion you understand!

I have never visited this school, although I have passed by and do know where it is located. Our son has been at Best for five years, and true thier has been several changes at this school. They still have an English program, although their sports facilities at the moment are not good. Satit supose to start an English program this next term, but as things go in Thailand something, I am keeping our son at Best for at least one more term to see what happens. At Best the Thai teachers are very good. the problem lies with the Foreign teachers. I have spoken with the principal, and he admits since you now have to have a four year degree to teach in thailand it is very dificult to find good foreign teachers. I can see his point. The current pricing at best is 20,000 a term withy 5000 for a one month summer term which is not madatory.

Barry

I agree, some of the Thai teachers are ok, and some of the Western teachers are ok, salaries is an issue at the school, Thais get about 7-8,000 per month and Western teachers between 25 and 45,000 per month. Most of the newer teachers in the English dept are in fact from Asia; Philippines, India etc.

To correct one error in your posting, all teachers have to have a degree both old and new, the new regulations are suggesting that all teachers must have a B Ed, which of course is fine for junior school, but at the senior level you need more subject specific teachers. BA English for English teachers, BSc for science teachers etc etc

Barry

I agree, some of the Thai teachers are ok, and some of the Western teachers are ok, salaries is an issue at the school, Thais get about 7-8,000 per month and Western teachers between 25 and 45,000 per month. Most of the newer teachers in the English dept are in fact from Asia; Philippines, India etc.

To correct one error in your posting, all teachers have to have a degree both old and new, the new regulations are suggesting that all teachers must have a B Ed, which of course is fine for junior school, but at the senior level you need more subject specific teachers. BA English for English teachers, BSc for science teachers etc etc

Not sure i understand what you mean about........." all teachers have to have a degree both old and new "

Barry

Not sure i understand what you mean about........." all teachers have to have a degree both old and new "

Hi, sorry for the lack of clarity, what I meant was: teachers before the new ruling also had degrees, so both the old teachers before the new ruling and the recently recruited teachers in fact have always needed full degrees anyway.

Barry

Hi, sorry for the lack of clarity, what I meant was: teachers before the new ruling also had degrees, so both the old teachers before the new ruling and the recently recruited teachers in fact have always needed full degrees anyway.

Ahhhhhhhhhh ok. Thank you :o

Anyone who has to pay the school fees out of their own pocket would not consider Regents it is extortionately expensive!

Erm that would be me :o my 2 lads back in the uk want to come and live with dad so no choice but to send them to a school that will provide them with a uk based Education..and by internation standards it isnt expensive at all

Expense is relevant to what you earn or what you have.

If you are rich or even reasonably successful then its not expensive.

If you are only making say.......100k baht a month........then yes its expensive.

Fact is......you get what you pay for in ANY country. What price a childs education?

Avoid Wuttichot/ISP like the plague, the worst two schools in the area. Satit/Best/Aksorn all have good and bad points and as previous threads have stated, REPS in Bang Chang is good, but sooooo far away from Pattaya City.

Just my opinion you understand!

+1

I have heard lots of negative things about Wuttichot. If I were you, I'd be looking at one Regents in Pattaya. Pricey for sure BUT well worth the investment! :D

My daughter (turns 4 in January) attends kindergarten at St.Andrews in Rayong and it's definitely worth the $$$ - and not as expensive at Regents.

And for those that think Rayong is too far - I know a lot of parents who drive their children to school from Pattaya everyday. :o