Men's Dress Shirt - Repair Buttons

foolforlove

I have a favorite dress shirt.

but one of the buttons got eaten in the wash, or something like that.

can anyone recommend a shop in BKK to help with replacing the missing button?

actually the buttons arent that great (two hole variety), so if it means replacing all the buttons with something better, thats fine.

i just want to find a reputable place with a wide selection of buttons...

thanks

Couldn't you just go and buy a card of buttons and sew them on yourself? Alternatively, Mrfixit in the basements of a lot of supermarkets should be able to help you out. :o

If you look around it is hard to go more than a block or two in many areas without seeing someone behind a sewing machine. Many will have common dress shirt buttons. The whole process is usually done while you wait and for a pittance.

• 3 weeks later...

Find a nice young lady to do it. I was once on a business trip met someone and told her that I told her I had a meeting the next day and I could not iron! She ironed my shirt for me back in the hotel and well the rest belongs in another forum not in this one.......! :D

lol apologize in advance for lowering the tone of the thread :o

Agree that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a man or woman with a sewing machine on any major road or soi. There are three on my soi, although not all operate regular hours. I think many laundry services will also repair clothing (they'll take it to the lady on the street with the sewing machine).

Most off-the-rack dress shirts come with spare buttons sewn into the inside right-front tail. Both small buttons (collar button) and large buttons (sleeve, front). I just looked and most of mine have four extra buttons.