Place To Stay For Week:gh Or Condo/residence ?

djillali

I will be in Chiang Rai for week in December. I would rather rent a room in a condominium/residence than staying at a guest house.

The problem is that most of the time it's on a monthly basis.

If you happen to know any exceptions, information is welcome

Thanks in advance

I will be in Chiang Rai for week in December. I would rather rent a room in a condominium/residence than staying at a guest house.

Thanks in advance

The White House

1750$ a week fan/ 2450$ air

you get H.B.O.cable ,Pool,Wireless Internet Access walking distance from Night Market

Location just North of MengRai Statue

Thanks in advance

The White House

you get H.B.O.cable ,Pool,Wireless Internet Access walking distance from Night Market

OOPS should have said this is a Hotel but I am here now and treat it as my apartment, no cooking facilities are provided, I just use a picnic stove to make coffee ect

Thanks in advance

The White House

A friend of mine is there this week - I hope that the price is 1750 baht not 1750 dollars :o

CB

Thanks in advance

The White House

A friend of mine is there this week - I hope that the price is 1750 baht not 1750 dollars :o

CB

Yes it is Baht he will need to ask for this price as walk ins may be charged the rack rate otherwise, mention he saw it on the forum, any probs ring me on 0869 200351

The White House is NOT 'walking distance to the Night Market'. You are out of your mind (or prolly just not familiar with C.R.). Anything which is north of the Mengrai Monument is not, I repeat, NOT 'walking distance' to the bus station and Night Bazaar. You'll have to flag a tuk tuk to get there.

I recommend the squeaky clean Orchids Guest House. Yes, it's not what you wanted but for 200B/day (fan room) you get a nice, new-looking room where everything works. Comfortable, clean beds. Hot water. Free internet, etc. etc. In short, 'Best Western' quality at a Thai price.

The entrance is a mere 50 ft or so from Jetyod Rd. down a quiet little soi, so you can quite literally step out of your room and be at the bars within a minute or two. As anyone who's been to C.R. knows, Jetyod is a quaint little street with a few bars, eateries and massage places lining it, and it is indeed only a short walk to the bus station and Night Bazaar as well. I stayed there about a month ago and couldn't believe my eyes. A real gem. I'm hesitant to disclose this little place, but what the hel_l. Word's bound to get out about it soon, anyway. It'll be booked solid in no time.

Check out the photos in the gallery section of their website for a thorough look. Highly recommended.

Orchids Guest House

The White House is NOT 'walking distance to the Night Market'. You are out of your mind (or prolly just not familiar with C.R.). Anything which is north of the Mengrai Monument is not, I repeat, NOT 'walking distance' to the bus station and Night Bazaar. You'll have to flag a tuk tuk to get there.

I recommend the squeaky clean Orchids Guest House. Yes, it's not what you wanted but for 200B/day (fan room) you get a nice, new-looking room where everything works. Comfortable, clean beds. Hot water. Free internet, etc. etc. In short, 'Best Western' quality at a Thai price.

The entrance is a mere 50 ft or so from Jetyod Rd. down a quiet little soi, so you can quite literally step out of your room and be at the bars within a minute or two. As anyone who's been to C.R. knows, Jetyod is a quaint little street with a few bars, eateries and massage places lining it, and it is indeed only a short walk to the bus station and Night Bazaar as well. I stayed there about a month ago and couldn't believe my eyes. A real gem. I'm hesitant to disclose this little place, but what the hel_l. Word's bound to get out about it soon, anyway. It'll be booked solid in no time.

Check out the photos in the gallery section of their website for a thorough look. Highly recommended.

Orchids Guest House

I stand corrected, I should have said "whithin walking distance of the night market (me 52 years 12 mins)unless you have a serious mobility problem"

The above recomendation will also be welcomed by those interested in being based in an area bathed in a cheery red glow.