Police Are Searching For A Gang Who Attacked A Dutchman

NBT TV Phuket

MiniVDO: The police are searching for a taxi-for-hire gang who attacked a Dutchman on the night of October 14th.

To see or download mini-video, go to http://www.thaisnews.com/news_detail.php?newsid=215025

(please note video has graphic pictures of injury)

A Dutch national Ronald Handrik, aged 42, showed to Kathu Police marks on his back with a photo after he was attacked and beaten up. His Thai girlfriend Pawena Ratanasila assisted in providing information to the officer. Pawena told police that at around 11pm on October 14th, Mr Handrik and a Cambodian woman parked his vehicle on the main road in front of Jungceylon for an ice cream, but was told by taxi drivers not to park there. They approached with a piece of wood, so the Dutchman grabbed it in prevention, but he was beaten up by about seven men. His head had to have about 40 stitches. The victims were also threatened not to report the incident to police. The duty officer Pol. Captain Patak Kwan-na said he would call in all drivers for the victim to identify and insisted on bringing the guilty persons for legal procedures within 7 days.

from Andaman News TV11 (VHF dial) 8.30am + maybe FM90.5 Radio Thailand 6pm, both broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, FM108 Mazz Radio 7.30pm in Phuket & Phuket Cable TV Channel 1 at 7, 10.30 or 11pm, Wednesday 17 October 2007 & www.Thaisnews.com

Why do you suspect more to it ??

Thats exactly how Patong tuktuks behave.. And outside JC is 'thier patch'..

Its got ridiculous now.. My GF came running in the house in tears after one demanded double fare and when she protested he went to fully beat her up, basically a mugging over 80 baht. The red menace has to go !!

I seem to remember a recent post from someone how they are all nice guys deep down.. You just have to get to know them !!

another story about the illegal thugs that are allowed to offer services to tourists in phuket that ought to be widely publicised in the international press.

it's not only the attackers , but those who allow them to operate , who should be called to account.

but of course , they wont be.

no independant witnesses will be found , and the identified attackers ( if they are still in phuket) will claim self defence.

another story about the illegal thugs that are allowed to offer services to tourists in phuket that ought to be widely publicised in the international press.

it's not only the attackers , but those who allow them to operate , who should be called to account.

but of course , they wont be.

no independant witnesses will be found , and the identified attackers ( if they are still in phuket) will claim self defence.

Again a blow for tourism; if this gets into the international Press.

Nothing will be done, they are too all-powerful, but make sure all your friends take note.......

do NOT try to park in Patong

[i honestly pledge to not use any form of airport VIP taxi, local taxi, motorbike taxi, car rental or Jet Ski services in Phuket from now on until these services have been properly sanitized.

The government, local authorities, business owners and associations have to take their responsibility and clear this matter once for all.

Stop over pricing,

Stop harassment,

Stop de-touring,

Stop speeding,

Stop reckless driving,

Stop fake damage charging,

Stop occupying public parking.

My family, my employees, my customers and my friends will I pledge, not to use these services, from this day and forward until so fit!

Hitting them with no income is the only way to make them understand, I hope that others will pledge this as well. Because we can do live without them!

Master Chief

[i honestly pledge to not use any form of airport VIP taxi, local taxi, motorbike taxi, car rental or Jet Ski services in Phuket from now on until these services have been properly sanitized.

The government, local authorities, business owners and associations have to take their responsibility and clear this matter once for all.

Stop over pricing,

Stop harassment,

Stop de-touring,

Stop speeding,

Stop reckless driving,

Stop fake damage charging,

Stop occupying public parking.

My family, my employees, my customers and my friends will I pledge, not to use these services, from this day and forward until so fit!

Hitting them with no income is the only way to make them understand, I hope that others will pledge this as well. Because we can do live without them!

So print this out and get all hotel managers to post on their reception boards.

Master Chief

dirty pricks. how anyone can justify that sort of treatment over a mere car space is beyond me.

is max hungry, gerd? let him at em i say!

That's what I'm thinking Donna.

Gerd

Way to go Gerd, don't feed Max for a week...then sick 'em. :o

It is sickening that those thugs get away with this at the main intersection in the main tourist area on the island. The police are usually standing less than 50 ft away and they just don't give a sh!t or are too afraid to rock the boat with the local scumbag mobsters. Pathetic if u ask me.

Also pathetic that those lowlife motorbike rental thugs are allowed to take so much of the public parking on the beach road. I guess all these blatent displays of corruption don't really surprise me anymore. It has gone way too far when they are allowed to get away with attacking tourists, but I doubt anything will change. I know this particular incident isn't the first, nor the last.

I used to live next door to a family of jetski renters and taxi drivers. The lowest of the low they were....nasty, thieving, intimidating bastards. It amazes me that people like this are allowed to have so much power in a place that generates so much tourist money. Oh, well...TIT! I am glad I moved out of Patong.

But guess what? This will be forgotten again in less than a week. The govt will never do anything effective. Short term, sure. But longer term, unless they put them all out of business, this will continue.

Just last week. Driving by the weekend market. One tuk tuk driver outside his van, two tourists out of the van. The guy apparently stopped in the middle of knowhere (the entrance to Rama 9 park, weekend market road) and demanded more money. Girl in tears.

As I was passing by, this guy had his 3 fingers up in the guy´s face, demanding payment. I stopped, yelled at them to jump in the back of the pickup and off we went.

Gladly would do that again. Scumbags, all of them!

MiniVDO: 3 people have given themselves up to police over attack on a Dutch driver but the victim failed to identify them.

To see or download mini-video, go to http://www.thaisnews.com/news_detail.php?newsid=215032

(please note graphic pictures of injury)

Reporting on the progress of the case we showed yesterday involving a taxi-for-hire gang attacking a Dutchman in front of Jungceylon shopping mall in Patong on Sunday night, Pol. Col. Krissak Song-moon-naak, the Kathu police superintendent said 3 people have reported themselves to police. They countered that the Dutchman Mr. Handrik pushed back a security guard chest first so they assisted him which is in contradiction to the Dutch victim’s report. Police asked the victim and his Cambodian girlfriend to identify the suspects, but they failed to do so. The superintendent insisted that police will ultimately bring the wrong doer to justice. On the victim’s side Pawena, a friend of Mr. Handrik, said the Cambodian woman failed to identify the suspect as she fears danger afterwards.

-----

related Interview - Pol. Col. Grissak Songmoonnark, new Superintendent of Kathu Police Station in Patong, through interpreter Phanphong Lim-ou-pra-sert-kul, Tourist Police Volunteer

To see or download mini-video, go to http://www.thaisnews.com/news_detail.php?newsid=215031

We had an opportunity to interview Pol. Col. Grissak Songmoonnark, the new Superintendent of Kathu Police Station in Patong, through an interpreter, Phanphong Lim-ou-pra-sert-kul, who is also a Tourist Police Volunteer. He talked about Police investigating a gang who attacked a Dutch man at Jungceylon on October 14; and about Thai & foreign Volunteers assisting Tourist Police, Immigration & local police in better co-ordination. But first about the search for a suspect in a child sex abuse identified by INTERPOL, believed to be in Thailand: ……….

http://www.phukettouristpolice.go.th

http://www.phuket-tourist-police-volunteers.com

from Andaman News TV11 (VHF dial) 8.30am + maybe FM90.5 Radio Thailand 6pm, both broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, FM108 Mazz Radio 7.30pm in Phuket & Phuket Cable TV Channel 1 at 7, 10.30 or 11pm, Thursday 18 October 2007 & www.Thaisnews.com