Urgent Answers Needed For Visa Application!

Hi there, just filling out VAF1 form for my Thai g/f to visit me in UK..but its asking when for dates she will be coming to UK and dates for when returning to TL? hmm i though this was open visa for 6 months? I didnt want to fill these dates in as i dont know for sure yet? any way round? or if i leave blank will it be rejected?? Many thanks again in advance!

The embassy will expect to know an approximate date of travel and how long the visa applicant wishes to stay in the UK. The visa officer's argument will be that if your girlfriend doesn't know when she'll be going and how long she'll be staying, he can't be satisfied she's a genuine visitor.

Scouse.

Thanks very much scouse appreciate your help - my g/f is worried because she works for goverment that if we put any dates of travel down on paperwork to embassy they will check with ministry of education that she has permission to leave work to travel? she is then worried because all she is saying to her employer is that she is on vacation, but not telling where she is going, because she seems to think her employer would not give her time off to visit UK?? hmm is this true do u know??

Edited by newstart07

my g/f is worried because she works for goverment that if we put any dates of travel down on paperwork to embassy they will check with ministry of education that she has permission to leave work to travel? she is then worried because all she is saying to her employer is that she is on vacation, but not telling where she is going, because she seems to think her employer would not give her time off to visit UK?

She will have to give a reason to return and that is best demonstrated by showing she is employed and that her employer approves her period of leave so I am confused that you say she doesn't want to tell her employer she is going on holiday to UK.

The period that she visits UK should tie up with the letter from her employer granting leave.

If she doesn't actually leave on the date specified it is not so important (as delays can occur) but she would be best advised to stick to the length of the period visiting the UK that she stated on the form. It's not illegal to remain in UK and leave before the visa expires but should she subsequently apply for another visa her credibility may be questioned.