Ubc Censorship

astral

Wednesday 11 th August.

The BBC was running a section in their news broadcast about a group of actors in Singapore who are lampooning the Island State's censorship laws.

In the middle the UBC guy pressed the "IDIOT" button and we got the red screen and the boring music.

Has Toxin got his hands on the UBC console as well as the newspapers?

I think the government is fiddling with the BBC. I get satellite TV, not UBC though. I can get Australian ABC, Pakistan TV, Germany's DW station, a French TV station, Japan's NHK and several Chinese and Taiwanese stations, all clear as a bell. But the BBC? It's as if someone is constantly trying to jam the signal. And sometimes it disappears altogether. Very strange.

I think the government is fiddling with the BBC.

It's as if someone is constantly trying to jam the signal. And sometimes it disappears altogether. Very strange.

Chaz, I've noticed too that the BBC has the worst reception. Often it will lose sound and the picture will freeze. CNN and all other channels appear to be fine.

Looking out my window, perhaps that guy over there on the grassy knoll may know something about it. :o

This is all over the world. Radio and TV. BBC try to do things on the cheap.

Rubbish reception wherever I have been posted, so I tend to find a broadcaster who is serious about service - ABC from Oz seems fair, if a little parochial. But then so is the Beeb these days.