Taxi From Suvarnabhumi To Khorat

colmx

Hi All

Have finally managed to get around to booking my next flight to LOS

Will arrive on December 30th at around 7am. Problem is that Bf and I want to spend New Years night at his home in Buriram...

I was thinking of taking a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Khorat, meeting him there and then overnighting in Khorat on the 30th... before going to Buriram the next morning.

Anyone know what a Taxi to Khorat would cost?

Or have other suggestions for getting to Khorat without travelling into BKK and out again?

BF reckons 3000 THB - but is unsure...

We have no interest in hire cars or local taxis from Buriram... Def want to overnight in Khorat

Thanks in Advance!

I have not taken one from new airport but many times from the old. Should be able to bargain with a meter taxi for somewhere between 1800-2000. Most recently, several months ago, I took one from Sukhumvit Soi 75 in Bangkok to 30 KM north of Korat and it was 1800. Mafia taxi will be more like 3000.

Several years ago I bargained for 1600 from old airport to same location north of Korat with meter taxi and he ran the meter just to see if he made a good deal or not. Meter came to 1590. This same trip over many years was always a bargain price of 1600-1800 from old airport and I never had a problem finding a taxi.

I usually gave them 100-200 baht tip if they keep the speed under 120 kmph

Last September I took a taxi from BKK to Don Muang and i the way of conversation asked to driver: 'what would be the cost to go to Khon Kaen?'

He consulted a list of destinations and kms and then came up with: 'about 4000 Baht'. I was not interested in it, because I had already an air ticket to KKC. So I didn't try to discuss the price.

But I thought to myself, that this would be a good offer for two or more people: cheaper than Thai Airways and faster (no need to change airport), no need to organize transport from KKC to home.

Regards

Thedi

Not from Bangkok but from Pattaya, I took a truck and driver to Nang Rong which is about 70km past Korat on the road to Buriram.

He charged Bt3000.

From Pattaya to Nang Rong is 360km ( I put it on my clock a couple of times). With one stop, I get there in about 5 to 6 hours. Depends how fast you get through the mountains.

His costs on petrol (I know they are on gas) would be something like 750km @ 15km/l = 50 litres @ Bt30 = Bt1500. Up or down depending upon gas and engine performance if petrol.

• 1 month later...

Nothing much has changed. Your looking at 1800-2000 baht if you know what your doing in dealing with meter taxi. If you take any other type of car transport your looking at maybe 4000 baht by one of the meet and greet services or one of the mafia taxi's. Public bus is another option and could be done for 250-300 baht but I would advise against because the bus terminals will be jammed big time when you arrive with everyone trying to get home for new year.

You don't sound like a world traveler so I would think about two options.

1. Pre book one of the meet and greet services for transport to Korat but this will be the most expensive but also hassle free provided you don't miss each other in the arrival area.

2. Pick an amount you want to pay for a public taxi in the range from 1800-2500 and walk up to the public taxi desk and say you want a taxi to hotel whatever in Korat for amount you decided. The higher the amount the quicker things will happen because it gets the drivers attention real quick. Make sure you specify a newer taxi because they have a few junkers still on the road. I usually say I pay the tolls (60 baht total).

Like I said your arrival is during what is what is the busiest travel period through out Thailand with everyone trying to be home for new years.

I travel 30 km north of Korat for 1800 but have been doing it for many years and have the system down. Trip should take 3.5-4 hours depending on driver and any stops.

Hi All

Just want to give this thread a bump

Anybody have recent info on a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Khorat?

Thanks!

last time i got a taxi from the airport to the bus station the taxi driver wanted to take me to Chaiyaphum (1 hour further than Korat) for 2500 baht.

I get the bus for 270 baht. Nearly as fast and no chance of getting lost if i fall asleep!

In many taxis there is a standardized price-list hanging off the passenger front seat with a list of ~ 50 destinations along with the mileage (Km) and fixed-price. I was looking at some specific NE destinations recently and am pretty sure Nakhon Ratchasima was 2,500 THB. Finding a driver who actually wants to go there may be the bigger challenge.

There are buses from Mo Chit like every 30 min.

Edited by lomatopo

Finding a driver who actually wants to go there may be the bigger challenge.

There are buses from Mo Chit like every 30 min.

I have never had a problem finding a taxi that will take me to Korat.

Although buses are a great option, which I have used many times, I would advise against doing so only because of your ARRIVAL DATE. There are several times a year when bus travel is not a desired option and new years is one of those periods. The bus stations will be a zoo on your date of arrival. You will spend hours waiting to get a ticket and then a bus departure. When you return from Korat or elsewhere after new years a bus will be a cheap and easy way to travel. In fact I always take the air conditioned bus from Korat to Bangkok.