Where To Store Title Deeds

zorro1

Anyone know where to safely store the title to my condo? would it be with a lawyer firm like at home?

I also have this question.

Also, if the document is stolen or ruined over time, I have heard you need to file a police report if stolen. But does that mean a new document can be created?

Edited by Jingthing

Safety deposit box at your bank might be an idea.

Good idea, but these are often sold out. Siam Commerical Bank in Pattaya/Jomtien told me to forget about ever finding an available box.

some one you can trust in your own country .......

Hello all,

i have had the same problems and still have. All the banks safety deposit boxes in my area and more areas are sold out and there are huge waiting lists.

I brought mine back home, have copies with friends and of course for myself.

regards

Timo

still have the problem, as in home country is not a perfect solution, in case you need them quickly.

Edited by timonase

ha ha palm. if your condo is burnt down and all you have left is a fire proof safe.....but thank you and now a new question. Am i supposed to insure my condo aginst fire?

If you have a fire in your condo and it damages others units are you liable for the damage?

Cheers

Why not. Your neighbors are entitled to live without you burning their condos. In the rare event that you could get an expert to establish that the fault rested with the building constructors faulty construction and shift liability to them, your on the hook.

Your homeowners or unit owners insurance should be in an amount such that such eventualities are covered.