Home Brewing

YangYaiEric

Hi All.

Was wondering if any of you guys out there do any home brewing(Beer, Wine etc). I know there ar plentiful supply of the 'real' stuff here in the LOS, but are there any home brewing afficianados out there practising there trade, especially those of us that live out in the 'sticks', so to speak. I must admit to liking a drop of home-brewed 'Sarto' , but in moderation though :o .

Anyone else as parsimonious ?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to make beer once.....manymany years ago....

It was not only a hel_l of work but the result was closer to Miller Light than the desired outcome and me and my buddy refrained from any future attempts. My mother was also not impressed by the state of the kitchen after we were finished... :o

Wine: much easier, not sure whether this will work well in Thailand, though, as the temperature is a tad too high....

I once had a friend that let me in on the fact that he was a moonshiner. He made his product out of sugar and water. I experimented with it for a while without distilling it. It stops fermenting at about 8% after 10 days due to lack of nutrients. A lady friend from up the road caught on to what I was doing and started raiding my batches quite heavily. I didn't know if she was falling for me or my batches. Soon the landlord came by to inform me that he was raising his fire insurance on the property. Seems the whole whole town was talking about my "operation". During the 2 months that I drank the stuff I gained about 20 pounds because I had too much unfermented sugar in my brew.