Buying A Digital Camera Using Paypal

lazerguy

eBay would seem to be the obvious answer with most sellers of this particular model being in Hong Kong, so not that far to ship. I would contact them first though to make sure they will post to Thailand and also get it sent registered with your address preferably in both Thai and English. Good luck

Just ran the numbers for a Sony Alpha. I own a lot of Minolta equipment including a Maxxum 5-D and a lot of lenses hence my interest in the Sony Alpha. I have yet to see them offered in Thailand for less than about 42,000 Baht. In my experience vendors here will just not discount much off list if any. There is no real competition so why should they. A camera dealer on Ebay with a high respectable feedback score (16,000+) is offering brand new Sony Alpha's with an 18-70 lens, a wide angle auxillary lens, a hard case, soft case, 1gb flash memory, a flash card reader, an detachable flash unit, a tripod and a mini tripod for about 23,000 Baht. Their international shipping price via UPS to Thailand is about 4,800 Baht. With duty and Vat if I did my math right the total would be about 32,000 baht. You can always call customs to get the exact duty rate and the method of calculation if you want to go that route.

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican