How To Get My Company Back

I had a company registered with a Thai lawyer but now the lawyer has disappeared. I am wondering what I can do to get my company papers and tax id and whatever else should have been done.

I know the company was registered and the tax id issued but he just never finished the work permit procedure before he disappeared. Has anyone gone through this or can point me in the right direction so I can obtain my registration documents? What offices I would need to go to and what forms I may have to fill out would really help basically any information would be great.

You should have the company registration number. With that all you have to do is apply to the Ministry of Commerce, or alternatively retain a new lawyer to confirm establishment. A point of slight concern here is, who are the 7 shareholders? If, for example, they were proposed by the lawyer then there may be some issues to address.

Regards

thats the problem I don't have any of the information? Would I be able to go to the Ministry of Commerce and give my name and passport number or something like that and obtain the company registration number and then the company documents?

The 7 share holders are all people I know along with my wife and some of her family.

You should be able to identify through shareholders/directorships. Do you not have the Corporate permit {the certificate which should be on display at the company location} and or company stamp?

Regards

/edit clarification//

Edited by A_Traveller

You should be able to identify through shareholders/directorships. Do you not have the Corporate permit {the certificate which should be on display at the company location} and or company stamp?

Regards

/edit clarification//

Send three successive registered letters to the address of the shareholder as it appears on your company docs. Once these are returned and un-acknowledged, you can replace the shareholder.

Thanks for trying to help out on this but maybe I didn't make my post clear. I don't have any of the papers nor are the share holders the problem.

The problem is I paid a Thai lawyer to do the paper work to register a company in which he did register the company with the share holders I had chosen because I did see the paper work for that but he was starting the paper work on my tax id and my visa document so I can get my work permit but he held all of the documents so I have nothing not a single document only my passport and the names and ID's of the share holders.

Is there anyway for me to get my company now since he has disappeared? What kinds of problems can I expect trying to get my company?

@ blizzard Why would you say that?

I have a lot of time and inventory invested in the company that is suppose to be in operation right now but legally can't operate.

Also my company name is a unique name I can't just throw it off to the side. Besides that I have already paid the fees to register the company so why shouldn't I have it.

Does Sunbelt have any information they can add to this so I can start moving in a proper direction?

Send three successive registered letters to the address of the shareholder as it appears on your company docs. Once these are returned and un-acknowledged, you can replace the shareholder.

Are you sure ? What are your sources ?

FWIW I'm sure I've come across this, I'll have a rummage.

Regards

maybe u should rethink about having yr own company. i see bad things happening in the future. if you cant get itu p and runing properly imagine how u will handle future sticky situations.

i hear lots of trustworty thai partners available, experience in thai inenr workings very vluable to the uninitiated.

wow! u invested a lot of munney be4 u had i dotted and t crossed! in a foreign country to add.

man i would have been at belts offfices the day after my aty ran away.

Edited by blizzard