Importing A Car From The Uk

siam

I have been looking around for a car for my stay in CM,Cars seem very expensive in LOS,What i am thinking about,instead of selling my car here in the UK then losing a load of cash,Then having to buy another car when i am settled down,Would it be best for me to import my car to LOS?and does anyone know of any compaines that ship cars?

As i know the car inside out,and the previous owner spent £5000 on customising and servicing the car,

Many thanks Gary.

...Would it be best for me to import my car to LOS?and does anyone know of any compaines that ship cars?....

Many thanks Gary.

Basically forget it!

Import duty and taxes come to 200-300 % of the value decided by Thai customs.

Moreover, used cars are restircted items for which a licence is needed by the Ministry of commerce which usually is not issued.

Exception: Returning Thais and residents having used the car for more than 1 year abroad.

Have a look here and you will see what I mean:

http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Perso...Nme=PersonalPer

Siam, car prices are relative to brand here. What do you own? If its a Euro ride, then yes they are way overpriced here. But as an opposite, the new Honda Jazz is cheaper here than it is back home. Maybe look at buying a popular Japanese car, with a good name for resale value.