Maxnet Will The Premier Plan Solve My Ftp Problems?

Sam125

Currently it can take an hour for me to FTP download one page from my remote server in Chicago to my office computer in rural Korat. I have the TT&T Indy 2048 down 512 up plan.

After reading some related posts it seems that If I upgrade to the Premier plan I may solve my USA FTP problems.

I would love to hear from those who have upgraded.

Also would the Premier 1536 down 512 up work reasonably well? Which to me means that the download will not timeout.

Thank you!

What is the size of the download?

The upgrade will most probably improve your speed, however, I definitely would experiment with some good download accelerators.

These will download different parts of the file simultaneously, which normally improves speed a lot especially on heavily shared connections (which the indy package is).

Make sure you ftp server in the states has resume capability so that you at least never lose the downloaded part when your connection times out halfway through the download.

Monty,

Thank you for the fast reply!

Lets say 250 kb for the file size although some are bigger.

I have never used a download accelerator can you suggest one that would work with Dreamweaver - which is what I am using to upload and download files as I am working on a website taht is designed with Dreamweaver.

I will check with my US webhost on the resume capability - a good tip! Thank you.