Requirements To Enter Los On Tourist Visa?

Hi

I dont know if this is the right place to post this. If not please move it to the correct section.

I'm going to visit my girlfriend in bkk 2 weeks from now.

My question is, since I'm from a country on the good list (denmark), I should have no problem getting in. Stamp in the passport and thats it.

But what about money?

Do I need to carry a minimum amount of money into LOS or dont they care?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanx

Ken

TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION

- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements dated 6 February B.E.2538 (1995), 8 December B.E. 2541 (1998) 1 October B.E. 2545 (2002) and 20 December B.E. 2545 (2002) , passport holders from 39 countries do not require a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes if their stay in the Kingdom does not exceed 30 days.

- The applicant must possess instrument of means of living expenses 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.

Correct Ken..........think you will need more than 10000 baht when Yingyingisagirl gets her hands on you though :D . Oh make sure you have 6 months left to run on your passport....i know already you/ll have a return ticket within the 30 days. Have a good trip :o

Once in a while I see somebody being asked to show the money, but never on p/ports from visa exempted countries. Let's say the experienced immigration officer will make an educated guess accepting that a visitor from Denmark should be affluent enough.

However, bear in mind you must present your p/port, your arrival card (you will get this in the plane) properly filled in and signed and keep your boarding pass, from your arrival flight, handy. Occassionally they ask for it.

After you got your permit to stay for 30 days (that's the stamp) and the arrival card, actually it's the departure card clipped on go through and down the escalator to find your luggage. Belt number on TV-screens, than pass through green (nothing) or red (have) to declare and hand over your filled in and signed customs declaration. Again you will have received the form on the flight.

Once through the customs point you run a slight chance to be stopped for baggage examination, usually not. If it happens they will ask you to x-ray your bags to make sure you have nothing that shold have been delcared while walking through green. .

After this, welcome to LoS.

Astral, I said politely: "but never on p/ports from visa exempted countries".

Actually, nearly every time I come into BKK I see somebody showing the cash.

(That's when normally I change the lane).

My son arrived here two weeks ago with his GF. Took them nearly 2 hours to get out and he complained about the same, many travellers had been interrogated as to money.

A check on the arrival-screen confirmed out of 15 flights landed over the previous 90 minutes, 5 came from the sub continent, not to forget 2 flights from DBX a major hub for African origins.

But as said as well, for Denmark don't worry. :o