Night Club Rip-off

kyb789

• 2 months later...

Just updating an old thread here.

Went to Titanium yesterday.

New owner, new Manager, and some of the staff new.

New strict follow up by owner and manager regarding the bills.

This so they avoid the problems (of padding) from the past.

Drinks for the staff must be signed for by the customer.

Owner, manager and staff are very pleasent to talk to. Nice people.

The band, which consists of 6 females (2 on guitar, 1 bass, drums, keyboard, and a singer) play quite a big variation of songs.

Good music.

The quality of the band itself are so so.

The main singer is very good. The rythm guitarist also has a good voice.

The girls on drums and bass are backed up by a drum and bass track from a disc (managed by the one on keyboard).

The solo guitarist misses a few chords here and there, but manage ok.

Good atmosphere there.

All in all, I will definately come back.

It's not cheap - 180 baht for a vodka & tonic, 200 baht for a ladydrink. However, I've never been ripped off (on numerous visits) and it shouldn't happen at all now as you have to sign for each drink.

The girls are friendly and fun and the band is great. Plenty of farang women having fun too. All in all a great place for a night out.

Sounds like they realised they had a problem with bar padding, but it's too late for me. I won't go back there based on my previous experience. Thre are so many places to go in BKK, so places like that don't get a second chance in my book.

Was just told by my Thai boyfriend that it's quite normal to be charged this price, and in some places one can not receive a discount~

Maybe it's better not to expect every place to be cheap, as I'm sure there are places where the prices are quite similar. In fact, my bf just said that sukhumvit soi 22 is quite popular with foreigners, so that might also be a reason as to why the prices are quite high.

Overall, it might be better to know if you got ripped off by asking other people (especially Thai's) if they were charged the same, similar or totally different prices compared with you.

Was there a menu supplied?

Did you check the prices on the menu before ordering?

Were they correct with the drinks you ordered?

Just updating an old thread here.

Went to Titanium yesterday.

New owner, new Manager, and some of the staff new.

New strict follow up by owner and manager regarding the bills.

This so they avoid the problems (of padding) from the past.

Drinks for the staff must be signed for by the customer.

Owner, manager and staff are very pleasent to talk to. Nice people.

The band, which consists of 6 females (2 on guitar, 1 bass, drums, keyboard, and a singer) play quite a big variation of songs.

Good music.

The quality of the band itself are so so.

The main singer is very good. The rythm guitarist also has a good voice.

The girls on drums and bass are backed up by a drum and bass track from a disc (managed by the one on keyboard).

The solo guitarist misses a few chords here and there, but manage ok.

Good atmosphere there.

All in all, I will definately come back.

Seems like it may be getting better~

I'd give it a second chance if I drank alcohol...

Why don't people just check the prices before ordering?

E.g, a menu? Surely they must have some sort of bored or menu to go by..

Then one knows the prices before they anyone tries to rip them off...

Edited by Onnutrd

Why don't people just check the prices before ordering?

E.g, a menu? Surely they must have some sort of bored or menu to go by..

Then one knows the prices before they anyone tries to rip them off...

I think the general idea with bill padding is to charge people for more drinks than they have actually had...

Was just told by my Thai girlfriend that it's quite normal to go into a bar and order a beer with out first checking the price and in some places one can not be bothered to check.

Maybe it's better not to check every place and be cheap, as I'm sure there are places where you can enjoy oneself without worrying about prices.

In fact, my gf just said that sukhumvit soi 22 is quite popular with foreigners, so that might also be a reason as to why the prices are quite high.

Overall, it might be better to have some fun.

Was there a girl supplied?

Did you check the prices on the menu before ordering?

Were they correct with the girl you ordered?

• 6 months later...
Go somewhere safe. Enjoy Gullivers.

Not going back there due to issues with manager and staff about bringing in food(donuts) found in the purse that was supposed to be breafast for the next day. Never was meant to be consume in the premise which they thought otherwise :o

the original owner has sold the place , he now has one in pattaya just off walking st ( V20 ) and one is nearly completed in Phuket.

Didnt know that, whats the name of the place mate??

If you are referring to the v2 bar, its an ice block in a container on the first floor on the left in soi happy, kin freezin, reminds of an english pub !

Padding bills is just dishonest and greedy, plain and simple! It seems to be a trend around the area, including Washington Square.

I have been in and out of the area for more than twenty years, and never had a problem, but last time was a different story. Had it done to me at a place I had always considered to be on the level, and I am pissed off about it.

When you can't blow off a little steam by having a few or , quite a few drinks at your favorite watering hole, and not worry about getting ripped off, what is the point!

Maybe I will have to take a pen with me and check and keep track of each bill in the cup. What a sad testament to the times. :o

Not going back there due to issues with manager and staff about bringing in food(donuts) found in the purse that was supposed to be breafast for the next day. Never was meant to be consume in the premise which they thought otherwise :o

Yeah, I've stopped going to Gullivers because of this too. It's just ridiculous I have to throw out anything I happen to be carrying to go inside, when I'm not going to consume it inside and am going to be spending 1000 baht on food and beer.

Padding bills is just dishonest and greedy, plain and simple! It seems to be a trend around the area, including Washington Square.

I have been in and out of the area for more than twenty years, and never had a problem, but last time was a different story. Had it done to me at a place I had always considered to be on the level, and I am pissed off about it.

When you can't blow off a little steam by having a few or , quite a few drinks at your favorite watering hole, and not worry about getting ripped off, what is the point!

Maybe I will have to take a pen with me and check and keep track of each bill in the cup. What a sad testament to the times. :o

I've learned it's best to pay as you go. Many places pull the same cr*p, so I order one, or a round, I pay for it right then.

I don't have any problems. You may call me Cheap Charlie but if a beer is more than 100 baht, I move along AFTER telling them that they are overpriced. It takes very little effort to look at the check at the same time as you get your beer. Once they see that you DO look it removes the temptation to stuff your cup.

Yeah, I've stopped going to Gullivers because of this too. It's just ridiculous I have to throw out anything I happen to be carrying to go inside, when I'm not going to consume it inside and am going to be spending 1000 baht on food and beer.

Did you guys go to Gullivers on soi 5 Suk?