Warning Hosting With 3ix.org

uwe_rayong

I just wanted to warn anybody who is looking for a hosting company. I host with them since 4 month and the server is offline at least 3 times a week. Sometimes for more then a hour.

I hosted 4 years with 1and1 (all the time one single problem with email, though it took them +30h to fix it) I changed to 3ix.org because they are a lot cheaper. They also accept payments via Thai Bank, which was the main reason the advertisement from them caught my attention.

However, they are absolute utterly beyond believe crap!

If you need your internet content accessible most of the time, stay very fare away from this company. It is a absolute time waste and in some cases can cost a lot more, then the few bucks you safe with them.

I'll return to the old provider.

I moved most of my sites off them due to downtime and poor attitude of helpdesk staff. It's a shame because a few years ago they were really good. Performance wise some of their servers seem under more pressure than others - I still have one site with them that runs quite well. Unfortunately, my work site was on a crap server.

My impression is their hardware is overloaded, and some of their helpdesk staff have a tendency to try and blame-shift onto the customer when they screw up. When I complained about the server crashing out they claimed that it was *my* site overloading the system. However, when I took my site offline I could still see the server failing all over the place in Cpanel. Anyway, what do you expect for a few bucks a month :o

Basically I had enough with shared hosting so I now rent a managed virtual private server from Futurehosting.biz. Having dedicated resources for your website makes a huge difference, availability and access speed is hugely improved. Would recommend it to anyone willing to pay a bit more (about $40/month) for a quality set up. And the helpdesk staff are great.

quick sort of related question...

I read quite a few different books on starting online business, some of the "gurus" recommend the likes of godaddy.com for getting low cost domain names, but the recommend other different companies for hosting of the web site.

when godaddy.com does both, and obviously to buy/register a new domain name cost money on godaddy.com and you have an account etc, whats the point of going to the bother of hosting it elsewhere?

I read, the if you have a main web site for an online biz. and a few different Sales Letter Mini Sites which had links to main site, and all the mini sites (assuming you had 5 or6 different ones, and linked to get better google.com search & page rank ) where all linked to each other and hosted with the one hosting service like godaddy.com the likes of google does not like this set up but if on different hosting services google does not cop on to it or something?

I would like to add a few additional comments about the MAFIA types op people running 3ix.org.

A year ago a started a little webiste for fun for my sister. I have no great computer skills and in fact I know very little about web hosting etc. I chose 3ix.org. The reason I chose them because they promised me a nice template and great service for a newbie like myself. The template was unusable. I could neither edit nor remove existing links in the menu. This was not mentioned to me nor was it mentioned on their website. I needed support becuase I had never had a website and basically needed some advice on "how to"... all my emails remained unanswered. The con artists behind this criminal organisation did not reply any of may emails. My emails to them had alsways been polite.

I paid for one full year and I hosted my site 0 days with them. They simply chose to ignore all my emails requesting assistance. I WAS CONNED AND HAD LOST MY MONEY!

BEWARE TV READERS DO NOT HOST WITH 3IX.ORG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Edited by Flow

I read quite a few different books on starting online business, some of the "gurus" recommend the likes of godaddy.com for getting low cost domain names, but the recommend other different companies for hosting of the web site.

when godaddy.com does both, and obviously to buy/register a new domain name cost money on godaddy.com and you have an account etc, whats the point of going to the bother of hosting it elsewhere?

Personal choice I guess. I keep most of my sites hosted at Godaddy. The support has always been fast and helpful, even when it turned out to be my fault something had gone wrong.

As for 3ix, there's been several topics on them here over the years, and all of them quite negative.

Edited by cdnvic

I second that. After my horrific experience with "this criminal organisation" called 3ix, a friend recommended godaddy. They have been fantastic so far.

Personal choice I guess. I keep most of my sites hosted at Godaddy. The support has always been fast and helpful, even when it turned out to be my fault something had gone wrong.

Edited by Flow

I cant agree, I have had 3ix for almost a year and never encountered any problems.

One time I had a problem that my site was banned from Thailand so I couldnt access it

myself but anyone else could outside of Thailand (the site is completely legal even in Thai standards hehe).

I took contact to their HQ in USA as far as I remember and they changed my site to a different server and

everything was fine after that. It took about 24 hours till I was up and running again.

So no complaints to 3ix from me.

• 1 month later...

I have many domains hosted under 3ix and have seldom experienced any problems. When confronted with the seldom problem or the occasional downtime I go to their site and contact an agent entering into chat mode, usually the problem was resolved within minutes.

As a forum members I ask that the moderators eliminate libelous comments that are not substantiated as this can be grounds for lawsuits and is really not fair to people trying to earn a living.

To keep the reviews in balance, me too never had any complaints about 3ix.

Have had some problems, but always resolved quickly through the support system (NOT Thailand located, the US support)!

Only annoying thing at the moment seems to be the slow loading control panel, although the sites themselves are fast. Love the new cpanel version 11.11 though.

My domains are registered with a separate company though (Godaddy), so in case the hosting goes down the drain, I can have them over on another host in a blink :o