Tourist Visa Question

Hi, I have just purchased a ticket from the UK to LOS and the return date on my ticket is 90 days after my arrival date.

My question is will i be allowed in and get the 30 day tourist visa even though my return date exceeds the 30 days?

The reason being i will stay 30days and then travel on to other countries (tickets will be purchased in Bkk) but returning to the UK via Bangkok when i will then use the return ticket.

Thanks for any info in advance.

You may be on a sticky wicket.......firstly you may not be allowed to board in the UK if your carrier sees your return ticket is in excess of the 30 day on arrival stamp (its not a 30 day visa). If you want to play safe get a single entry tourist visa from a consulate near you, it/ll cost you 25pound but at least you/ll have peace of mind.......and it might end up a whole lot worse if you dont and you find yourself running around your departure airport trying to buy a ticket out of Thailand within the 30 day arrival stamp before you are allowed to board your flight to Thailand.A single entry tourist visa will give you 60 days on arrival in Thailand , so you/ll have to make sure when you come back in after your journeys elsewhere that you enter within 30 days of your eventual departure from Thailand.............this said if you come back in the last time overland you probably wont be asked for proof of an onward ticket if for sake of arguement you came back in with 40days to go before final departure from Thailand. Your other option is........if you know where you are going after the first 30 days buy an onward ticket to wherever this may be before you leave the UK, this will keep everyone happy.

My question is will i be allowed in and get the 30 day tourist visa even though my return date exceeds the 30 days?

No..........not if immigration happen to check your ticket at the airport. They might let you buy an onward ticket, depends how they feel. Personally i couldnt be done with the worry/hassle.

Buying an "open" return ticket would be simpler.

Might be a bit late for that option, even if he can change his return date now on his present ticket and if its open.......it may cost him more for the change than it would to get a visa before he departs. Next time round it would be another option though.